NSCD!

Make it loud here.
User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:03 am

My new speaker cab arrived from Milkman Sound today! It has a 12" Celestion 90W Alnico Cream 8ohm speaker in it. Sounds great with the Milkman Creamer head.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Discovered that my Milkman pedal for engaging/disengaging the tremolo and reverb has an issue - the Reverb engage/disengage works, but the Tremolo engage/disengage doesn't. Without the pedal, both the amp's tremolo and reverb work fine. I'll have to open it up and have a look to see if there's a loose connection or something.
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

User avatar
DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:44 am

Re: NSCD!

Post by DeathJag » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 am

Nice Steve! I love that, a single 12” cab with an open back. I want a 15” version! And heck, also a 2x15 and a 2x12. I’ll eventually get alternatives to the closed back cabs. I like hearing the sound from behind the speaker.

User avatar
Maggieo
Mods
Mods
Posts: 12528
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:00 am

Milkman is just the best stuff. CONGRATS!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 am

DeathJag wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 am
Nice Steve! I love that, a single 12” cab with an open back. I want a 15” version! And heck, also a 2x15 and a 2x12. I’ll eventually get alternatives to the closed back cabs. I like hearing the sound from behind the speaker.
Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:00 am
Milkman is just the best stuff. CONGRATS!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Thanks, Daniel and Maggie! :)
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

User avatar
ziess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Near Glasgow

Re: NSCD!

Post by ziess » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 pm

Love the look of a Celestion Cream.

If there are two jacks on your footswitch cable (like a vintage blackface fender) try swapping them round to sort your issue.

Tommy.

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5751
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: NSCD!

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:20 am

ziess wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 pm
Love the look of a Celestion Cream.

If there are two jacks on your footswitch cable (like a vintage blackface fender) try swapping them round to sort your issue.

Tommy.
…and if the switch takes a TRS cable you can quickly figure out between tip/sleeve and ring/sleeve by shorting these on the cable itself.

I don’t see any LEDs on the footswitch, so I’m assuming it’s just simple switch closure.

Since one is ok but not the other the sleeve connection is fine.

User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:13 am

Cheers, guys, I'll give it a go and report back! 8)
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

User avatar
Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: NSCD!

Post by Larsongs » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:54 pm

Looks great! I really like those Creambacks too!

User avatar
offabit
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Re: NSCD!

Post by offabit » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:07 pm

That screams cream. Very nice!

User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:30 pm

Thanks, guys! :)
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:58 am

marqueemoon wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:20 am
ziess wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 pm
Love the look of a Celestion Cream.

If there are two jacks on your footswitch cable (like a vintage blackface fender) try swapping them round to sort your issue.

Tommy.
…and if the switch takes a TRS cable you can quickly figure out between tip/sleeve and ring/sleeve by shorting these on the cable itself.

I don’t see any LEDs on the footswitch, so I’m assuming it’s just simple switch closure.

Since one is ok but not the other the sleeve connection is fine.
I opened up the footswitch - the reverb is on the left, the tremolo on the right.

Image

Image

Anything not looking correct? I'm capable with a soldering iron if change(s) are necessary. Thanks!
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5751
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: NSCD!

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:10 am

Looks like tremolo is ring/sleeve, and has a resistor inline. Maybe that is bad?

User avatar
tribi9
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 11039
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Canada Dry

Re: NSCD!

Post by tribi9 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:12 am

Great looking cab. I am most surprised though by the fact that this post didn't open up with a string of like 50 pictures.. :D

User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 am

tribi9 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:12 am
Great looking cab. I am most surprised though by the fact that this post didn't open up with a string of like 50 pictures.. :D
Oh, I only do that for the vintage stuff! :wacko:
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

User avatar
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: Walkersville, MD
Contact:

Re: NSCD!

Post by Surfysonic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:09 pm

marqueemoon wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:10 am
Looks like tremolo is ring/sleeve, and has a resistor inline. Maybe that is bad?
In the process of removing the resistor, the part of the switch that it was anchored (wrapped around) came out. I'm going to have to replace the whole switch. I'll also get a replacement resistor while I'm at it. Thanks for the help!
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

Post Reply