Everyone needs a stompbox.
jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: DMM longer delay options?

Post by jorri » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:24 am

Maggieo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:31 pm
Oh, Malekko 600 is great, especially the dark version.
Too bad i am a sucker for modulated ones, or i would :)

Though i think i have decided i dont like the Teisco except for oscillating or pre-fuzz weird noises. At least the Hazarai is better than that for this DMM sound- not close but it has a stereo modulation swirl which might make up for it. I used to think it sucked in mono. Both together were a cool sound.

Yes i wouldnt really mind an emulation tbh. Its just the "simple modulated delay" spot on my board though. Yet i have been tempted to do the opposite and get a Mastrolava LEM for certain overkill.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:32 am

Ive not seen Pigtronix Constellator mentioned on here. A DMM similarity?

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:22 am

Picked up an Vxive Memory Analogue. Mixed reviews but it was a studio clearance for ~£60!
Seemed like it actually reaches its 600ms, howard davis designed, although reviews tell me its not quite a DMM but maybe an improvement in sound over the TT variants. Very mixed reviews (maybe because the selling point set up the unachievable claim of cheap but better MM, from same designer, a lot to live up to), but liked the Constellator and Echoman demos of which its linked to as simplified versions if they were as cheap is have rrued them...We'll see!

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:03 pm

jorri wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:24 am
Maggieo wrote:

Though i think i have decided i dont like the Teisco except for oscillating or pre-fuzz weird noises. At least the Hazarai is better than that for this DMM sound- not close but it has a stereo modulation swirl which might make up for it. I used to think it sucked in mono. Both together were a cool sound.

Yes i wouldnt really mind an emulation tbh. Its just the "simple modulated delay" spot on my board though. Yet i have been tempted to do the opposite and get a Mastrolava LEM for certain overkill.
There's the Malekko 616, with modulation, too.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:27 am

Maggieo wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:03 pm
jorri wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:24 am
Maggieo wrote:

There's the Malekko 616, with modulation, too.

Oh yeh! Totally forgot about this. Although from demos i wasnt really sure i liked it anyway (not the trippy magic of a DMM i guess) and its become rare due to discontinuation it probably costs a bit now

lizardville
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by lizardville » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:39 am

Digitech rubberneck?

tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tune_link » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:14 pm

Isn’t this the exact thing that the Mojohand FX Dream Mender claims to do? Emulate a DMM with up to 800 ms of delay.

I think the Strymon Brigadier might get you in the ballpark of this as well and it has even longer delay times up to 1 second.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 am

tune_link wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:14 pm
Isn’t this the exact thing that the Mojohand FX Dream Mender claims to do? Emulate a DMM with up to 800 ms of delay.

I think the Strymon Brigadier might get you in the ballpark of this as well and it has even longer delay times up to 1 second.
The mojohand confuses me, why would i go for DSP if half the controls are taken away. Shouldnt DSP invite more tweakabilit

Lumena
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Lumena » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:24 am

https://www.jampedals.com/delay-llama-xtreme/

I would go with a Delay Llama, it's an actual analog delay with lots of features and is 800ms.
It also has a lot of tricky things that don't require a PhD to use and holds presets so you can set it and forget it.

ARTISTS USING THE DELAY LLAMA XTREME:
Bill Frisell, Nels, Cline, Mike Miller, David Torn, Adam Levy

I have one and I love it. It is just barely experimental and does everything you want in a standard delay. There are lots of videos on the website link.

DarnWeight
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DarnWeight » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:11 am

I'm a big fan of the Vox Double Deca delay from a few years back. Long discontinued, so used is definitely your only option, but mine has seen off both a 550-TT and a Rubberneck. Voiced on the darker side, and lacking all the tap tempo and digital "trick" mode stuff, it'll go up to 900ms. Single knob modulation only, but the speed is preset nicely, and it's probably the cleanest true analog delay I've owned. White/clock noise is real low, and you only get the ring mod thing on the repeats when you're up in the last 20% of the time knob. Really great sounding delay, and the dual long+short mode is pretty unique in the analog delay world.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Rubberneck seems good, but more toward a carbon copy

Double Deca seems cool too. Vox make underrated pedals. Perhaps because it looks like a toddlers toy with a fake tube window showing BBDs but ive had three i liked and they were damn ugly too. The dual delay sounds interesting but cant dial them individually for rhythmic repeats or anything...

So something to try i hope my cheap option of the Xvive works though. That may be all i need actually, my delay is always set in the 400-600 or so range unless i slapback so its not heaps needed, just not the disappointing ambivalence of the DMM.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:24 pm

Ha...well my xvive adventure ended short since it arrived without the modulation section. Immediate return and probably the only £60 one i would find...(seller thought it was meant to barely do much- idk?!)

So a rubberneck it is then and after all that i have accumulated 3 delays to get rid of :D :fp:

I liked the xvive tone. Liked the buffer too and was using a volume pedal that way before until got sick of carrying it without actually changing the volume, so that was perfect. Shame i couldnt even hear the stereo modulation, but that doesnt really fit in the pre-drive signal chain. In all if two pedals are the same price id chose the DOD

Does the Rubberneck have a good buffer? I am thinking i need one in 'always on' trails mode.

Lets hope a used one doesnt arive with some obvious malfunction the seller didnt even notice.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:38 pm

Clockwork Echo

Description

Designed in conjunction with Howard Davis (Creator of the original Deluxe Memory Man). This is old school meets new school. Classic BBD delay chips that are digitally controlled for tap tempo only. True stereo output (One side out of phase) (2) Expression pedal inputs to control Time and Repeats. Foot switchable modulation with speed and depth. “Always On” boost which can be used whether the delay is engaged or not. Experimenting with the modulation controls will get you chorus, rotating speaker and flange sounds. This is as musical as an echo can get, go from lush long delays to amazing room like slap back echoes. Repeats can be set short enough to achieve chorus/flange sounds and long enough for crazy long repeats into oscillation if you so desire.

CONTROLS:

MIX – Use this to blend your dry signal with your wet signal. The wetter the mix the more apparent all functions are. You will find the perfect blend for your needs but don’t be afraid to go over the top.

LEVEL – Use this to control the pedal’s output level. This function works even if the delay is not engaged giving you a very nice push. The delay will always stay relative to the volume output so you will not have an out of balance mix between the two

TIME – Use this to control the delay time from almost imperceptible (which creates chorus and Leslie sounds) all the way to 600ms of delay for the long lush sounds.

REPEATS – Use this to control the amount of repeats. Go from one repeat all the way to crazy oscillation.

MODULATION: This is a very powerful feature that can achieve pretty amazing sounds. Set the repeats to the shortest (All the way lef) set the delay time as well to its shortest setting (all the way left) and then start playing with the speed and depth. You can find some amazing chorus sounds, Leslie sounds and a bunch of craziness in between. If you use this feature in its typical fashion you can achieve the lush wow and flutter of an old tape echo or remove the modulation altogether. We made this feature foot switchable so you can bring it in on the fly and take it out just as fast.

SPEED – Use this to control the speed of the vibrato

DEPTH – Use this to control the depth of the vibrato

INPUTS AND OUTPUTS: GUITAR INPUT – Mono input STEREO OUTPUTS – Lef and right outputs – the delayed notes are true stereo not dual mono so one side is out of phase. This does not affect your dry signal EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUTS – There are two expression pedal inputs one to control repeats and one to control delay time. We prefer to us the BOSS EV-5 or it’s respective like.

Weight per item – 2 lbs.

4.75″X5.25″X1.25 (2.25″ to top of knob”

RP-Manual-logo2
I think I want one.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:59 pm

It may be what i just returned with tap tempo added and 3x the price. I am sure its a bit nicer...but..

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:59 am

Maggieo wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:38 pm
Clockwork Echo

I think I want one.
At this point in my pedal buying life, where I have all my pedal needs covered and then some I will only get them if they sound good and look cool. If that pedal looked better I'd be pretty intrigued, but that design doesn't float my particular aesthetical boat.