Uh oh Fender... Instagram accusations of being misogynistic

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Uh oh Fender... Instagram accusations of being misogynistic

Post by Embenny » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:03 pm
For hundreds of years no one made a peep about women or black folks being "cancelled" in culture. Often by violent means.

But now tell a white guy he's being kind of a dick, and he'll scream bloody murder.
Beyond ridiculous, of course. I fail to find the words to describe how absurd it is watching rich white guys get up in arms about facing any sort of consequence for anything ever.

Let's set aside the moral repugnance of everything he's ever done and said for a moment, and distill this particular interaction down to the most basic capitalism that would appeal to the thought process of someone such as himself. If your job is to be on TV, and to get people to watch and like the TV show and network you're on, and you then do or say things that make a broad swath of the public dislike you and cease watching your program, then you'd expect your boss to fire you. You've done your job poorly, and the invisible hand of the free market will sweep you into the dustbin and replace you with someone who can do your job better and make your employer more money.

Capitalism, baby. You can't make a career based on prioritizing money over morals, and then claim some sort of great moral injustice has been done when your employer fires you for doing your job poorly. Real Leopards Ate My Face material, before you even get to the racism, or misogyny, or stigmatization of depression and suicidal ideation on a giant public platform.

The schadenfreude is delicious.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:48 pm

I now need kdaine to find us a gif for that!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

natthu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by natthu » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:21 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:48 pm
I now need kdaine to find us a gif for that!
It would make me very happy if someone concocted a meme with the top and bottom lines:

“Leopards Ate My Face
The schadenfreude is delicious”

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:21 pm

natthu wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:21 pm
It would make me very happy if someone concocted a meme with the top and bottom lines:

“Leopards Ate My Face
n e thing 4 u bb

The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Bradley-Jazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bradley-Jazz » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:40 am

mbene085 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Capitalism, baby. You can't make a career based on prioritizing money over morals, and then claim some sort of great moral injustice has been done when your employer fires you for doing your job poorly. Real Leopards Ate My Face material, before you even get to the racism, or misogyny, or stigmatization of depression and suicidal ideation on a giant public platform.

The schadenfreude is delicious.
Yet, given the completely screwed-up state of the British media and public discourse, Morgan will walk straight into a probably much better paid job at one of the new right-wing "opinionated" UK news channels that are about to open (one by Murdoch) and get to carry on spouting bile relentlessly. Meanwhile, ITV, the national broadcaster who finally gave up tolerating him this time, has been financially damaged by this:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ng-britain
Capitalism baby, indeed!

Meanwhile, a year or so back, a highly respected journalist on the BBC, Naga Munchetty, a woman of colour, was censured by her employer by suggesting in the mildest terms that Trump had used racist language, because above all our national news media must be impartial.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... p-comments

We are in such a mess at the moment, and Piers Morgan is just one of the ghastly manifestations of that.
All the cheeses....

natthu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by natthu » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55 am

mbene085 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:21 pm

n e thing 4 u bb
Love it! :D

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:14 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:37 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:03 pm
For hundreds of years no one made a peep about women or black folks being "cancelled" in culture. Often by violent means.

But now tell a white guy he's being kind of a dick, and he'll scream bloody murder.
Right? Let's talk about fucking Piers Morgan for a second. Fuck, he went out a punk, didn't he? Called out for complaining endlessly about a woman who gently jilted him, and then he storms off and quits his job and continues to bad mouth her in the press pathetically while she pays him no attention whatsoever.

I mean, he sat there on TV and talked about how he didn't believe that Megan Merkle had thoughts of suicide, which is pretty much the worst fucking thing you can say in any situation, even if you didn't try to date the woman before she married the guy she's with now.

But there he is, running his gob, gets called out on it and stomps around like a child, quits his job like a punk, continues talking shit from the unemployment line.

I mean, I don't care about any of this stuff, I barely know who Morgan is, but I know pathetic when I see it.
Morgan is an utter cunt.

However...it's also possible to dislike Markle and thicko and their snide little unbalanced done by a mate puff piece promotional material interview and their whole wanting their cake and eat it attitude. Both them and the rest of the royals can get fucked.

I always wonder who that Prince Harry was who used racial slurs, dressed as an SS officer for a jolly jape, loved big game hunting and other bloodsports and was involved in the killing of a Hen Harrier. Clearly a different man altogether.

I find the whole thing incredibly distasteful in light of the current world circumstances and if they really want interviewed they should perhaps give one to Emily Maitlis who gently eviscerated his paedo moron uncle or any actual journalist who would actually question the inconsistencies in their narrative. Right pair of right royal narcissists.

I think Morgan was wrong but I also think that nothing in the interview can be taken as fact on any level because it wasn't an interview as I understand it, it was your usual pre screened celebrity bilge.

I mean...they have their cheerleaders and that's fair enough but surely someone took a pause when they read or heard the stuff about poor Harry being financially cut off from the royal gravy train in his fucking THIRTIES. I mean fuck, he needs a section to himself in an Amnesty International pamphlet.

Up against the wall the lot of them.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SignoftheDragon » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:47 am

mbene085 wrote:
natthu wrote:

“Leopards Ate My Face
n e thing 4 u bb

(best Karen voice) "Umm, excuse me- but that is a cheetah, not a leopard."

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:00 am

SignoftheDragon wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:47 am
mbene085 wrote:
natthu wrote:

“Leopards Ate My Face
n e thing 4 u bb

(best Karen voice) "Umm, excuse me- but that is a cheetah, not a leopard."
OH MY GOD!! I NEED TO SEE A MANAGER ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW!!!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:49 am

shadowplay wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:14 am
Morgan is an utter cunt.

However...it's also possible to dislike Markle and thicko and their snide little unbalanced done by a mate puff piece promotional material interview and their whole wanting their cake and eat it attitude. Both them and the rest of the royals can get fucked.

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit about any of these people. The whole concept of a "royal family" is nothing short of insane to me and none of these people are in any way inspiring from what I can tell even if I held the concept to have any kind of merit. I basically don't even know who they are.

What I do know is that you don't ever say that you think someone is lying when they describe thoughts of suicide that they have had, even if you think they genuinely were lying, someone else listening to you might be going through something and feel that they can't reach out for help. So in and of itself I could think that Morgan is a piece of shit just for that, which is incidentally the bulk of what I know about the man.

And then when it turns out that he did have a relationship with the woman he was denigrating, it becomes even more pathetic. I watched the video where he talks about meeting the woman in question at the pub and how later she met someone else and stopped communicating with him.

I mean that has happened to me, and I can promise you that I don't bitterly attack the people in question years afterwards, and if I heard that one of the women I've dated who broke off contact with me say saying that they had thought of suicide I would never say that I thought she was lying.

Because I would be a piece of shit if I did that, further if I was called out on it publicly like I would deserve to be, I sure would hope I wouldn't stomp around at my job and then quit it. "I'm the victim here," I hope I wouldn't scream. "Won't anyone think of me?"

So my point isn't that I care at all about the "royal family", to me that's just the mouth of madness and I'd never look into it. I'm a working class boy in the rust belt, I cannot bring myself to care at all about whether or not some prince or princess somewhere isn't living the life they thought it would be, that's not real to me, that's just celebrity bullshit at the nth level and I simply can't let that into my jurisdiction. Life is too short to care about nonsense that doesn't care about you.

I hope that these people find happiness, of course, mainly in the generic way that I wish all human beings happiness but also in the more specific way that I realize that if they do end up happy and content with their riches at some point then it reduces the chance that I have to think or hear about them.

Piers Morgan I don't think will end up happy. We are discussing toxic masculinity here and white fragility, and from watching that performance and his pathetic bleating of victimhood the next day, I'd say he has a terminal case of both. Fuck him.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:08 am

Piers Morgan is so cunty that Jeremy Fucking Clarkson hates him.

natthu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by natthu » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:35 am

shadowplay wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:14 am
Morgan is an utter cunt.

On the positive side of all this, due to the current ridiculous situation of Royal Vs Royal public infighting, it has once again awakened talk of the prospect of Australia becoming a Republic. I doubt anything will come of it just yet, but the more it gets considered as a thing, the more likely it is to happen sooner.

A coworker of mine was complaining that this whole situation of Harry (one of the most privileged people on the planet, even after turning his back on his family's business) whining about his family in public is ridiculous. I pointed out to them that the whole premise of a royal family, ordained by God, is ridiculous in the first place. He conceded the point. Also, maybe the Queen isn't racist*, but she sure as shit is worse, because the whole construct of her authority hinges on the fact that she's better than everyone else, not just people who aren't white.

*I mean, that old cunt Phillip is. It really wouldn't surprise me either way, and also I don't care.

Quite frankly if the media paid no attention to royals, and as a result I just flat out forgot they existed, that would be a desirable turn of events.