Are Chinese made Tokai guitars crap?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Are Chinese made Tokai guitars crap?

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 pm

serial wrote:
blueflamingo wrote:
wblakesx wrote:usuk empire(s), opium wars, taiping rebellion (usuk sided with the rich), boxer rebellion, success of national communist's rebellion, global usuk takeover... worst of nazism invented in usuk (eugenics, genocide) and it's still in charge in usuk and neocolonies... potato famine to torture as an instrument of state, fake usuk history dripped into kiddies heads... all china's fault

you made your first post in a 3 year old thread that was filled with trolling?
Methinks wblakesx accidentally stumbled in here from an acid trip.
Bath salts. All the way.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dezb1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:41 am

devnulljp wrote: I've yet to see any piece of music equipment made in China that isn't (a) crap, (b) shoddy, and (c) did I mention crap?
Sure you might get lucky, but you're buying something made as cheaply as possible, with all the corners cut.
Unless I'm buying a Bo Diddly I want the corners cut... I don't want a square Les Paul.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 am

devnulljp wrote: I've yet to see any piece of music equipment made in China that isn't (a) crap, (b) shoddy, and (c) did I mention crap?
Sure you might get lucky, but you're buying something made as cheaply as possible, with all the corners cut.
I own an AC30HH that's a million miles from shoddy or crap.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

noisepunk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noisepunk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
I own an AC30HH that's a million miles from shoddy or crap.
I'm every bit in the same boat as shadowplay as far as ethics is concerned, but I've played more than a handful of chinese made instruments that kicked ass and could easily be passed off as something made here. I've also played my fair share of US made instruments that may have been really solid, but sounded absolutely lifeless and had QC issues that were stupid for how easy it would be to see and fix them.

China is steadily creeping up in quality, and it's only a matter of time before they surpass first world countries because we have no respect for manufacturing anymore; and eventually they're going to demand higher wages and better working conditions too.

But that's a wee bit off topic (well, anything is considering how dead this thread is) and soap-box-y...

My point is that country of origin can only tell you so much, and it can't determine whether or not an instrument is going to be crap; and, above all, it's the player that really makes the instrument sound good or bad:
Itzhak Perlman wrote: Playing is playing. You know, they tell a very funny story about the great Jascha Heifetz. You know, he played a concert, and the lady came backstage, and she said to him Mr. Heifetz, you violin sounded so good tonight. And he picked up the violin, and he said funny, I don't hear anything.

Jahooli
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Jahooli » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:51 am

nwordjim wrote:
I never said Gibson copy, I said "replica."

Okay then you better never play a Fender or Gibson guitar then because Squires and Epiphones are made in China. While you're at it, get off that computer those components were made in China, take off all your clothes because those were made in China too.

Fact is those working conditions aren't great but it's a job. In the United States and in the U.K. people work under those same conditions. Have you been to China? I have I worked all over Asia in the Financial industry. People worked in many different kinds of jobs, just like everywhere else. They were happy to be working and they are very proud of their country and it's products.

You want to see really harsh conditions go to Africa or India. Those people live in abject despair, because their are no jobs. The jobs that are on offer are prized.

At any rate you've gone off topic and you've didn't have anything useful to add. If you're so passionate about work conditions and copyright infringement why don't you start up a topic about that in your own thread so it can be discussed there?

You are literally the dumbest cunt on the internet.

Grey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Grey » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 am

Jahooli wrote:You are literally the dumbest cunt on the internet.
And you signed up for this forum just to post that 4 years after he wrote it?

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:44 am

Grey.exe wrote:
Jahooli wrote:You are literally the dumbest cunt on the internet.
And you signed up for this forum just to post that 4 years after he wrote it?
;D :fp:

This thread needs to retitled "New to the forum? Troll? Moron? Post here".

Maybe this is where they all come to lurk. ???

slavemaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by slavemaster » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 am

This is not your regular forum thread. It is a portal.

If you put any replies directed at me, make sure they are neat and can survive the trials of time, since I plan to open this one in about four years.
We got people playing stringed instruments! It's the end of days.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am

slavemaster wrote:This is not your regular forum thread. It is a portal.

If you put any replies directed at me, make sure they are neat and can survive the trials of time, since I plan to open this one in about four years.
OK.

Congratulation to England for winning the World Cup!!! I'm particularly proud of the three Leeds United players who seemed influential in almost every crucial moment.

Jahooli
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Jahooli » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote: Congratulation to England for winning the World Cup!!! I'm particularly proud of the three Leeds United players who seemed influential in almost every crucial moment.
He's from the future, not from fucking fantasy land.

quiksilver78
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by quiksilver78 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 am

These are great guitars for the money! :-*

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

mgeek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mgeek » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:06 am

Zombie thread, but:
devnulljp wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:43 pm

I've yet to see any piece of music equipment made in China that isn't (a) crap, (b) shoddy, and (c) did I mention crap?
Interesting to see how this statement stands (or not) up after eight years of increasingly better Chinese guitars ;) ;D

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:06 pm

I began reading this without looking at the date first :fp:

I was like "Another successful manufacturing morality thread?"...

It's technically May 2018. We're due at least 1 or 2 this quarter

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Tue May 01, 2018 1:00 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:06 pm
I began reading this without looking at the date first :fp:

I was like "Another successful manufacturing morality thread?"...

It's technically May 2018. We're due at least 1 or 2 this quarter
I re-read it too, but rather than squirming about there being a perfectly reasonable discussion of ethics going on, I found myself wondering how much, if anything, has changed in China in light of the burgeoning middle class and increasing westernisation there.

NickD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NickD » Tue May 01, 2018 4:29 am

It was an interesting read.

Particularly prescient of Slavemaster to foresee it being opened in four years
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am

OK.

Congratulation to England for winning the World Cup!!! I'm particularly proud of the three Leeds United players who seemed influential in almost every crucial moment.
We'll see about this one though eh?