Good US guitar stores that stock vintage models.....

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Good US guitar stores that stock vintage models.....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:50 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
:o  :o

Now thats what I call a guitar store. Love the 360 degree view. They (the guitars) seem to go on forever. Plus it looks so comfy & friendly with the couches.

If there was one of these in London I'd buy a laptop & freelance from the store!!!!
AND.... they have a '68 Competition Orange Mustang!!!!!!!
AND.... they have a '69 Black Jaguar with blocks & matching headstock!!!!!!!
AND.... they have a '58 Jazzmaster!!!!!!

This place is killing me. I'll not even think of price enquiries. I'm hurting too much already.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:37 pm

I've bought stuff from Elderly Instruments and they're great for service and usually have pretty decent prices.

http://www.elderly.com/
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:48 am

Oh my god!!!

Just got back from Wunjo Guitars on Denmark Street. I actually went into Bryants to buy a couple of pickup cover screws from the tech downstairs. Thankfully he had some spares.

Anyway. Wunjo had an ES-125 so I had a go. Plugged in & unplugged. I'm completely convinced this will be my next purchase. I'm gonna go back tomorrow morning & have a better go plugged in. There were too many people wanting to play others so I didn't hang around. Unplugged it sound sweet as a nut though. Such an easy player.

I might buy a slide/bottleneck & a mouth-organ!!! I've already got the checked shirt & the beard.  :D

They were selling it for something like £1500. Twice the asking prices on ebay.

Come the New Year I'm gonna jump on one in the US.

Should I find a seller who won't deliver to the UK are there any people Stateside willing to forward it on from their address once I've paid you for the postage costs. I'll let you have a go on it!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.