post your MONSTER TELES!

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: post your MONSTER TELES!

Post by Maggieo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:47 pm

mynameisjonas wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:01 pm
I really like that Hagström-inspired bridge. How are the pickups?
They're OK, for what they are. The rest of the guitar is nice enough, I might upgrade them. OK, I'll totally upgrade. :fp:

That bridge makes the guitar sustain like crazy.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

MrJagsquire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrJagsquire » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:48 pm

Mine doesn't look very different to a lot of other Teles out there, but it isn't standard under the hood. :) Like my Strat and Jaguar, it has an Eric Clapton mid boost, plus the bridge pickup can be tapped from 9k to 6k for a brighter, lower output sound. I wired it without any tone control and the usual position is used to control the mid boost and bridge tap push/pull.

It has a really fat neck too; it's a MIM one that I stripped to bare wood on the sides and back, then refinished in a thin coat of tinted nitro. I put a bone nut on it and went to the trouble of changing the word 'Telecaster' to 'Esquire' only to decide recently that I was going to fit a neck pickup, so it's back to being a Telecaster now (or I guess a 'Double Esquire' since I'm not changing the decal again ::) ::) ).

I like to linish the edges down on the sides of the bridge:

Under the hood:

Just about space for the 9v battery:

sumlin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sumlin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 am