Are Chinese made Tokai guitars crap?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
fizomoqe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Are Chinese made Tokai guitars crap?

Post by fizomoqe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 am

What a load of holier than thou, anti-chinese rhetoric. You don't wear any clothes made in China....ha ha ha. You are kidding yourself. I live an work in a city in south china that makes most of the brands that you know and love. Including guitars and clothes. I even know a girl that works for a company that sews "Made in USA" or whatever country you desire, labels on these clothes......by order from foreign companies, the names of which you know well.

Like nwordjim, I have some experience in china. What you think about china is completely wrong. Sure, there maybe some sweatshops but look around USA, Australia or any country and you will find them. Get your facts right before you spout of....for God's sake, your american fenders are made mostly by Mexicans who live in the US and probably aren't legal anyway. And lots of the guitars you think are made in US, Europe and Japan are actually made in China in factories licenced by the home companies who knowingly cheat you for fat profits by exploiting the low labour costs.

What must be said about chinese guitars is that the QC is haphazard. Some are great and some totally suck. I have a few already. Recently, an Ovation look alike for 800rmb (do the math yourself). CHEAP. It is a wonderful guitar .......easily as good as my Maton.

I have been trying a few Tokai guitars recently. Not too bad at all (for the price).

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 am

fizomoqe wrote:What a load of holier than thou, anti-chinese rhetoric. You don't wear any clothes made in China....ha ha ha. You are kidding yourself. I live an work in a city in south china that makes most of the brands that you know and love. Including guitars and clothes. I even know a girl that works for a company that sews "Made in USA" or whatever country you desire, labels on these clothes......by order from foreign companies, the names of which you know well.

Like nwordjim, I have some experience in china. What you think about china is completely wrong. Sure, there maybe some sweatshops but look around USA, Australia or any country and you will find them. Get your facts right before you spout of....for God's sake, your american fenders are made mostly by Mexicans who live in the US and probably aren't legal anyway. And lots of the guitars you think are made in US, Europe and Japan are actually made in China in factories licenced by the home companies who knowingly cheat you for fat profits by exploiting the low labour costs.

What must be said about chinese guitars is that the QC is haphazard. Some are great and some totally suck. I have a few already. Recently, an Ovation look alike for 800rmb (do the math yourself). CHEAP. It is a wonderful guitar .......easily as good as my Maton.

I have been trying a few Tokai guitars recently. Not too bad at all (for the price).
You dug up a year old thread for your first post? ???

OK.

Also, the guy you're berating left the forum a while ago. For what it's worth though his view point was a moral & ethical one. He based his opinion on experience.
You do realize that he ran his own clothes label, right? A label that, from what I understand, focused heavily on quality. They locally source materials whenever possible & have gear produced to a very high standard, compared with countless other (and possibly Chinese) manufacturers.
I think you'll find that he doesn't wear clothes made in China and I know for a fact that you haven't got a clue about what brands he knows & loves.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

fizomoqe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by fizomoqe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 am

Sorry God, but I was browsing this forum because i am interested in a Tokai guitar and came across all that bullshit. Doesn't he wear Levi Jeans? Where do you think they are made. Don't say America, They are not. Try Shaxi Town...but the label says something different.

And the lights you have in your house, the one's you use on stage, there is an 84% probability that they were made in Guzhen Town of Zhongshan.

Sorry, but it just gives me the shits to hear the same old bullshit about China from people who know nothing about the place. I believe that crap before i came here and discovered that it wasn't true. Suckers for the propaganda? Yep!

Fuck, i hope i am banned from this site.....seems to be full of arrogant parochial dickheads.

Britfingers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Britfingers » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:17 am

After all them swear words in your post I for one hope you get thrown as far as possible from here.
Totally un called for.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:30 am

fizomoqe wrote:Sorry God, but I was browsing this forum because i am interested in a Tokai guitar and came across all that bullshit. Doesn't he wear Levi Jeans? Where do you think they are made. Don't say America, They are not. Try Shaxi Town...but the label says something different.

And the lights you have in your house, the one's you use on stage, there is an 84% probability that they were made in Guzhen Town of Zhongshan.

Sorry, but it just gives me the shits to hear the same old bullshit about China from people who know nothing about the place. I believe that crap before i came here and discovered that it wasn't true. Suckers for the propaganda? Yep!

Fuck, i hope i am banned from this site.....seems to be full of arrogant parochial dickheads.
Post #2 was even more blinkered than post #1.

I'm guessing he wears his own brand jeans. His.Own.Brand. As I mentioned before. If not he'll no doubt wear a brand he knows enough about to be happy they were ethically produced. Doesn't he wear Levi's? What a fabulously sweeping generalization!!

I feel a bit weird sticking up for someone else here. He'd be happier fighting his own battles I'm sure. I doubt he'd bother wasting his time on you though.

And as for your finally comment, it takes one to know one.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:48 am

Interesting, isn't it, that three of the posters on this thread railing against unethical business practices have left OSG now. That must be what you call voting with your feet.

garyptaszek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by garyptaszek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I like my Chinese Tokai...
It's pretty bitchin'...

Bandarra
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bandarra » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm

my brother has one of those chinese tokay. really good arm (was it luck? i dont know). the electronicts are crap and the sound nothing special. But he changed the electronics and the pickups and now has a guitar with great sound and really really nice playing.

ESKIMO ROBOCOP
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ESKIMO ROBOCOP » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

garyptaszek wrote:I like my Chinese Tokai...
It's pretty bitchin'...
that is so awesome.

i want a firebird so bad...

wblakesx
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by wblakesx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 pm

usuk empire(s), opium wars, taiping rebellion (usuk sided with the rich), boxer rebellion, success of national communist's rebellion, global usuk takeover... worst of nazism invented in usuk (eugenics, genocide) and it's still in charge in usuk and neocolonies... potato famine to torture as an instrument of state, fake usuk history dripped into kiddies heads... all china's fault

blueflamingo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by blueflamingo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:16 pm

wblakesx wrote:usuk empire(s), opium wars, taiping rebellion (usuk sided with the rich), boxer rebellion, success of national communist's rebellion, global usuk takeover... worst of nazism invented in usuk (eugenics, genocide) and it's still in charge in usuk and neocolonies... potato famine to torture as an instrument of state, fake usuk history dripped into kiddies heads... all china's fault

you made your first post in a 3 year old thread that was filled with trolling?

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Last edited by Telliot on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 pm

wblakesx wrote:usuk empire(s), opium wars, taiping rebellion (usuk sided with the rich), boxer rebellion, success of national communist's rebellion, global usuk takeover... worst of nazism invented in usuk (eugenics, genocide) and it's still in charge in usuk and neocolonies... potato famine to torture as an instrument of state, fake usuk history dripped into kiddies heads... all china's fault
You won't get any argument from me about the blood on the hands of successive western governments, but if you think anyone railing against western companies offshoring production to Chinese factories is blaming the Chinese workers for wanting to make a living you're missing the point.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah, right, those damn Chinese folks eh? :fp:

serial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by serial » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:25 pm

blueflamingo wrote:

you made your first post in a 3 year old thread that was filled with trolling?
Methinks wblakesx accidentally stumbled in here from an acid trip.