NBD....cough....

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NBD....cough....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:27 pm

New buttons day! Yep, this is what "acquiring new gear" is in my world. But, I'm very happy with them.

My old Guild D50 is a wonderful guitar. I play it every single day. I can't say I'm much better at playing than I was when I bought it but it brings me peace & joy. I even catch myself staring at it quite often. I love it!
But, the one thing that's always bugged is the rather robotic, clunky looking chrome tuners - Schaller M6s. Now, don't get me wrong, they work great, every bit as good as the single-line Klusons on my '59 Jazzmaster. They just need a little refinement.

So, after successfully upgrading the tuners on my other Guild (an M-120) I developed an itch. What if I changed the tuners on my D50 too, for something more pleasing to the eye? The thought sat with me for months until the other day I finally went for it... and all I had to do was replace the buttons :)

BEFORE...

...and AFTER...

The younger brother is clearly a bad influence!

Happy days! A subtle change but, to me they look right at home, matching the nut & binding perfectly.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Re: NBD....cough....

Post by Telliot » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:41 pm

MUCH better. Well done!
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:49 pm

I agree, looking so much better!!! :-*
Resident Spartan.

Biloxide
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Biloxide » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:53 pm

Perfecto much nicer, i like a lot white button, i put them on my offsets workbench as possible with sd91 and the feel is much better than metal nickel.