Contacts at Reverb.com??

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
mjet
Expat
Expat

Contacts at Reverb.com??

Post by mjet » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:45 am

A few weeks ago I got an email from Reverb saying that my account had been suspended due to the most vague and boilerplate-ish list of "possible" violations. I hadn't listed, sold or bought anything in 8-9 months so there is no chance of any of the "billing irregularities" or "non-payment of fees", and the 2-3 dozen interactions I'd had over the past several years were all glowing with positive feedback etc. Attempts to get someone on the phone have proved impossible and emails sit around for a week or two before I get a response, and it's always more boilerplate text about what *might* be the reasons for my suspension.

Does anyone here know anyone who works there? I'd like to write to a real human being? It seems that since being bought by Etsy, they've made it virtually impossible to talk to anyone via chat online (except for bots) and there's no way to actually get a message through to a human.

ryland
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Contacts at Reverb.com??

Post by ryland » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am

I had a concern with a less than honest seller a year ago and entered a complaint. A real human immediately responded. I'd give it a try, there are real people reading the messages they get.

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:08 am

ryland wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am
I had a concern with a less than honest seller a year ago and entered a complaint. A real human immediately responded. I'd give it a try, there are real people reading the messages they get.
Same. I’ve found their customer service to be responsive and helpful.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:40 pm

ryland wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am
I also had very good experiences with their online chat several years back - I could answer a few bot questions and then be connected. But more recently (maybe since they were bought by Etsy?) it seems that there is some internal reorganization of their support staff...
Last edited by mjet on Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:53 pm

I had a similar experience a few months ago, which i wrote about in a thread here (unfortunately i can’t remember which one).

Essentially, I never figured out why i was suspended, and they never told me. Mystery.

They did, however, resurrect my account after they requested i submit a (somewhat weird) schoolyard-style apology for ’violating the conditions’ of my account - essentially apologising for being a naughty boy.

It was all pretty strange.