Someone's trying to sell me this Strat...

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Someone's trying to sell me this Strat...

Post by Embenny » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:58 am

garyptaszek wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:36 am
Embenny wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:54 am
UlricvonCatalyst wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:00 am
I think the fact that offsets have switched from being 'outsider' guitars to totally mainstream in recent years has a lot to do with some of us looking at the ubiquitous Strat again.
I resemble that remark.

My last five guitars have been Flying Vs and Guild Thunderbirds.
I have been very into telecasters again...
Yep, in the last two years I've also fallen in love with a purple parts Tele and an old '86 AVRI Strat.

After many years, I seem to have finally reached my saturation point with Offsets. I've had a few extras pass through during trades (a classic lacquer Jag, VM Mustang, and PU Meteora) but none stuck the way the Gibsons, Guilds, Tele and Strat did.

Don't know whether it's a matter of having found my dream Offsets and finally having that GAS fully satisfied, or if I was subconsciously primed to move to even weirder shapes (V, Gumby) once Offsets lost their counterculture appeal.

I hope it's the former and not the latter. It's been over a decade (holy shit) since I even gigged on electric guitar - the last few bands/live acts I've been in have either been on acoustic instruments or electric bass, so why would image even factor into it at all? I don't even play in front of a mirror or camera, so nobody sees me holding these guitars, including myself!
The artist formerly known as mbene085.