Looking at Martin 000 models...Will I regret not getting one with electronics?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Looking at Martin 000 models...Will I regret not getting one with electronics?

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:39 pm

The all-mahogany Martins get my stamp of approval. Definitely try a 00-15M if you can.

DaddyDom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Looking at Martin 000 models...Will I regret not getting one with electronics?

Post by DaddyDom » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:07 pm

I bought a 00015-M without electronics. I love it, then later on, I had the K&K Pure installed. Super stealthy, sounds super good. No volume control but meh, I can live with that.
DD

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:20 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:26 am
Thanks for the replies, all. And I appreciate the welcome!

Honestly, I don't really like the sound of them when amplified, either. I play out, but I have never used an acoustic in a live setting.

I'm leaning toward the one without electronics.
NOLAN!

I hate electro-acoustics, they're bad at everything, like run-flat 3-season tires.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:17 pm

I have nothing add but NOLAAAAAN!!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:09 pm

My bandmate bought a brand spanking new D-28 back in November with electronics from the factory. He wanted to go cheaper, but in the end the pickup install would have devalued such a high end instrument. In his case, he opted for the electronics already installed version. A 1k instrument probably won’t matter so much.

To me, what matters most is about 2 things. How much are you playing live? And how much stage presence do you have when playing live? If you’re just sitting on a bar stool, mic it. If you’re a high energy performer who moves a lot you’re probably going to want electronics in there. If you’re not playing live at all, go unplugged.

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:56 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:20 pm
RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:26 am
Thanks for the replies, all. And I appreciate the welcome!

Honestly, I don't really like the sound of them when amplified, either. I play out, but I have never used an acoustic in a live setting.

I'm leaning toward the one without electronics.
NOLAN!

I hate electro-acoustics, they're bad at everything, like run-flat 3-season tires.
This. I actively avoid acoustics with electronics. Absolutely hate them. I'd much rather have a soundhole pickup that's removable than have that crap in my guitar, but then again, I'm not a touring musician. That said, all the musicians I love who play acoustics on stage either put a mic in front of the guitar or use a soundhole pickup. (Or sometimes both.) I think it cheapens the guitar and I've never heard an electro-acoustic guitar that didn't sound like absolute shite plugged in.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:37 am

Nolan I have a number of acoustics and when ever I need to electrify the sound I use one of my (two different) acoustic guitar pickups.
When i fit them to what ever acoustic I want to use I use blue painters tape to secure the cable from the PUP as it hangs out of the F hole or down the lower side of the body

1. KRIVO PICKUPS
https://www.krivopickups.com/
The use of a blutak type of putty allows the PUP to be safely connected to the guitar.
Below is my 1959 Gibson L-48 and 1965 Gibson Southern Jumbo

2. Fishman Rare Earth Humbucking PRO-REP-102
https://www.fishman.com/portfolio/rare- ... le-pickup/

I don't have a photo of my acoustics using this PUP so here is a couple from the net:

relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...