Talk me down from buying a Chickenbacker

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Talk me down from buying a Chickenbacker

Post by jakeisjake » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Funny, I pulled my Faker off the wall today to play a bit. First time in a couple of weeks.

I like it a lot...but, I wouldn't suggest getting one from China. The QC is non existent. Mine plays well...but the neck is crazy crooked and the bridge is crooked the opposite way to compensate.

But it does look great! This is the only pic I have handy...that's it hanging in the middle:

If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jakeisjake » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:11 pm

But Nelson Instruments make a very nice Ric like tulip shaped guitar. It has a nice size neck. I loved mine and only sold it to fund a Ric Capri-like guitar (it's in the back in the above photo).
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:30 am

i know there's someone on here who's owned a few rick copies and has an aria 420(i think) clone (name is escaping me right now but my bandmate keeps saying they want the guitar because ricky lime from scarling played a real one.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'