Fender Player Plus Series 2021 (Leak)

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Fender Player Plus Series 2021 (Leak)

Post by vistavision » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:35 am

Heard about this line last month and was trying to figure out what Fender was up to. Turns out they're just folding the 23 year old!! MIM Deluxe Series into an upgraded Player series (If one thinks first gen Noiseless pickups are upgrades). The Nashville Tele is in there as well as the formerly-Deluxe Active P Bass Special. The Deluxe Series was the last of the old-school series not to get an rebrand overhaul. It sat in very weird place in their product range, that's for sure.
Release date: September-ish

https://www.gearnews.com/leak-new-fende ... ed-online/

Edits: Dumb stuff
I'm sure some Fender dealer in '64 looked at the new Duo-Sonic II and thought, "That's not a Duo-Sonic. That's a Mustang".

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Player Plus Series 2021 (Leak)

Post by Pacafeliz » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 am

Uuuuh cosmic jade...
Grooooovy
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:43 am

Fender confusing and expensive lineup is confusing and expensive.

But I guess they gotta keep cranking them out since that's what they do. I'm sure they are nice guitars.

I don't know how people buy Fenders, man. I mean, I'm on guitar forums every single day, and I've played guitars forever. I probably know more about guitars than 98% of the world.

But if I wanted to buy a Fender even I would have to sit down and analyze the lineup with its endless array of specifications and product lines and accoutrements.

I don't see how anyone who was a casual guitar player would be able to navigate all this stuff. My eyes glaze over thinking about it all and I don't care.

I get the idea that Fender still thinks that most people buy guitars by going into a store and playing a bunch of guitars and then going home with the "one" . I can't imagine being young and wading through the endless pages of Fenders on Sweetwater and compiling a fucking Excel spreadsheet to be able to compare the various Fenders.

Obviously people make it work.

Anyway, we now have the Player Plus. If it helps you can think of it as a more modern and hot-wired version of the Mexican Standard, which became the Player series and was itself a more modern and hot-wired version of the vintage guitars that are like the Vintera series but not the American Original series, and the Player Plus is like the American Deluxe series which became the American Ultra series I think but it's not similar to the American Ultra Luxe series, fuck you for saying that, that's fucking stupid, because the Player Plus has the first generation series noiseless pickups and the American Deluxe has the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups which are certainly not the fourth generation noiseless pickups, which are... either still made or not still made, they were on some guitars a couple of years ago but they might have cancelled that line or something, was that the American Professional 1 series, yeah, I think that was it because now the American Professional 2s are out, is there like, a drinking fountain or something around here, I don't know, hey, you know what, fuck you, man, fuck you I'm trying to help you buy a guitar here wait what you say you've heard that Squire makes some great guitars well yeah, they do but shit, man that adds like another dozen lineups right there what do you think you are trying to do man you need to get there fuck out of my face
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:52 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:43 am
Fender confusing and expensive lineup is confusing and expensive.

But I guess they gotta keep cranking them out since that's what they do. I'm sure they are nice guitars.

I don't know how people buy Fenders, man. I mean, I'm on guitar forums every single day, and I've played guitars forever. I probably know more about guitars than 98% of the world.

But if I wanted to buy a Fender even I would have to sit down and analyze the lineup with its endless array of specifications and product lines and accoutrements.

I don't see how anyone who was a casual guitar player would be able to navigate all this stuff. My eyes glaze over thinking about it all and I don't care.

I get the idea that Fender still thinks that most people buy guitars by going into a store and playing a bunch of guitars and then going home with the "one" . I can't imagine being young and wading through the endless pages of Fenders on Sweetwater and compiling a fucking Excel spreadsheet to be able to compare the various Fenders.

Obviously people make it work.

Anyway, we now have the Player Plus. If it helps you can think of it as a more modern and hot-wired version of the Mexican Standard, which became the Player series and was itself a more modern and hot-wired version of the vintage guitars that are like the Vintera series but not the American Original series, and the Player Plus is like the American Deluxe series which became the American Ultra series I think but it's not similar to the American Ultra Luxe series, fuck you for saying that, that's fucking stupid, because the Player Plus has the first generation series noiseless pickups and the American Deluxe has the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups which are certainly not the fourth generation noiseless pickups, which are... either still made or not still made, they were on some guitars a couple of years ago but they might have cancelled that line or something, was that the American Professional 1 series, yeah, I think that was it because now the American Professional 2s are out, is there like, a drinking fountain or something around here, I don't know, hey, you know what, fuck you, man, fuck you I'm trying to help you buy a guitar here wait what you say you've heard that Squire makes some great guitars well yeah, they do but shit, man that adds like another dozen lineups right there what do you think you are trying to do man you need to get there fuck out of my face
I think you’re looking at it with your expertise. Most other people go “I have $400 & I want a Fender.” They get to the shop & the sales person goes “you could, but for $100 this one comes in a different colour, and it’s got better pickups. Honestly, I’ve played so many guitars & it’s this $500 one you want.”
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:12 am

sal paradise wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:52 am

I think you’re looking at it with your expertise. Most other people go “I have $400 & I want a Fender.” They get to the shop & the sales person goes “you could, but for $100 this one comes in a different colour, and it’s got better pickups. Honestly, I’ve played so many guitars & it’s this $500 one you want.”
No doubt, I mean, you go to the store and say you want a Stratocaster and basically it's just, well, how much money do you have? Then it's this one.

But my point is how to you do this online? Who still goes to music stores?

And I guess that all the online stores allow you to search for things only between a certain price point, so I guess that's it.

We'll just put this down as my monthly rant against Fender, a company so bloated and out of touch I find them comical, up there with Nestle, Unilever and AB Inbev at this point. This isn't to disparage the products, the products are always good.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:51 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:12 am
sal paradise wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:52 am

No doubt, I mean, you go to the store and say you want a Stratocaster and basically it's just, well, how much money do you have? Then it's this one.

But my point is how to you do this online? Who still goes to music stores?

And I guess that all the online stores allow you to search for things only between a certain price point, so I guess that's it.

We'll just put this down as my monthly rant against Fender, a company so bloated and out of touch I find them comical, up there with Nestle, Unilever and AB Inbev at this point. This isn't to disparage the products, the products are always good.
I’d say “preach”. But I’m a lefty & 95% of my guitars are still Fender. I don’t know how they do it, but they do, somehow :(
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 am

Well they should reissue the Tele Plus, maybe as a Johnny Greenwood signature. I guess they'd sell like hot coffee!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:04 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 am
Well they should reissue the Tele Plus, maybe as a Johnny Greenwood signature. I guess they'd sell like hot coffee!
Definitely! Especially with the right stickers included. I doubt they'd get his permission though. I mean, the man is not Ed O'Brien (although, in all fairness, that is a really cool Strat).

gishuk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gishuk » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:40 am

Admittedly I have no real idea where these sit in the model lineup so Larry probably has a good point about all that

However the Tequila Sunrise and Opal Spark finishes look awesome to me

RogueOne41
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RogueOne41 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 am

A video of one of the new Player Plus series Strats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGpLsP1uu0

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:35 am

Completely forgot about these...

Don't know if the Deluxe series came with locking tuners, but these do. However, I sadly noticed that the neck pocket is no longer the assymetric 4-screw version with the corner cut off - there's been a downgrade to the standard traditional 4-screw rectangle.

vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by vistavision » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:04 pm

RogueOne41 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 am
Yeah, I think he broke the announcement embargo. He's the only guy on YT with a Player Plus demo video.
I'm sure some Fender dealer in '64 looked at the new Duo-Sonic II and thought, "That's not a Duo-Sonic. That's a Mustang".

matbard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by matbard » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:22 am

Oooh, the return of the Stratoburst!

vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by vistavision » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:05 am

vistavision wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:04 pm
RogueOne41 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 am
Yeah, I think he broke the announcement embargo. He's the only guy on YT with a Player Plus demo video.
He bought it in a store so these are shipping now. A few dealers have them on Reverb.