NGD Fender Limited Edition Strat, Flash Pink

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
surfin_bird
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD Fender Limited Edition Strat, Flash Pink

Post by surfin_bird » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:57 am

It's been a very long time since I bought a guitar new, I would say it was a Squier VM Jazzmaster when they came out new in 2012.

But now I have a new guitar incoming. It's a Fender Limited Edition, I'm not a 100% sure if it'll be my thing but with a black friday deal and getting the tax back it was quite a good deal. (I would say I got around 40% off)

Anyways, I don't if it'll be a thing many of you will like and it fits my Fender Blues Jr LA Vice I bought new recently
(I also didn't buy an amp new for 15 years).

Last edited by surfin_bird on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrFingers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Black Friday Guitar Coming.

Post by MrFingers » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 am

Either the "STRAT" or the '72RI Telecaster would be my guess (with a rather distinct nudge towards the latter).

Nevets
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nevets » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 pm

That amp is gorgeous! :?

surfin_bird
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by surfin_bird » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:15 pm

MrFingers wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 am
Either the "STRAT" or the '72RI Telecaster would be my guess (with a rather distinct nudge towards the latter).

You're not entirely off with that 70's telecaster since i'm building a champagne sparkle Jazzmaster.
But it's that pink Strat that I'm getting tomorrow.

I was born in 1989 and I just always had a weird dream to own a pink shred monster with an maple neck. When I saw "The Strat" announced I got excited but thought they were a bit overpriced, so I kept my hopes up for black friday.

In between I picked up a (almost free) similar Razz Berry Squier from 1988 with a floyd rose and I like it a lot a lot. But that one has a plywood body with a finish that will probably not last for much longer.

So I kept my eyes open and after a lot of searching I found a little familyshop in Merseyside doing a 25% off on two "Strat's" so I got it for 750 GBP + they deducted the VAT because I supplied them my EU VAT number.

MrFingers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrFingers » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:44 pm

It does come with a fluffy peroxide wig and an assortment of neon spandex I hope?

surfin_bird
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by surfin_bird » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:21 am

MrFingers wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:44 pm
It does come with a fluffy peroxide wig and an assortment of neon spandex I hope?
I received the guitar last night and just by playing it my hair changing to a shade of peroxide blond.
The neon spandex was not included unfortunately.

But honestly, the guitar is ridiculous but also ridiculously fun. It's quite nice to have the 25'' neck, I do feel that it's a bit shorter scale than your average strat. It also never occured to me that shredder necks are perfect for some dick dale style surf until recently, and this hm strat definitely is.

Quality wise: The pale Maple neck makes me think of a the cheaper end of Squier and the basswood body makes it sound like it too on paper, but it feels solidly made with nice frets and a good setup. Online this strat gets a lot of hate because of the Floyd Rose Special. Apparently it's cheap and shit compared to better floyd rose's but I wouldn't know the difference. I just know that I do like this guitar and for the price I paid I wouldn't be able to build one myself because of the many "odd" specs.

Maybe this is controversial but I enjoy the Floyd just as much as the offset vibrato, they just have different pro's and con's. :ph34r:
I don't find it difficult at all to get a Jazzmaster flutter out of the Floyd Rose and can definitely do most bending things I can do with a jazzmaster trem, besides the behind the bridge stuff.

All in all, I love it. I don't think I can compare it to any other fender. I've never played any other shredders really, so I wouldn't call it a niche, but if you look for something different in the fender range an HM strat is probably as far away you can go from classic Fender (for a decent price).

I ordered mine here if anyone else is interestered (Don't let me order another one):
https://www.apollomusiconline.co.uk/fen ... 1372-p.asp