Mosrite Avenger experiences? Would you buy one?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Ceylon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Mosrite Avenger experiences? Would you buy one?

Post by Ceylon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:49 am

Sometime in the future I'd like to own a Mosrite-ish guitar, just because they're really cool.
The Eastwoods don't really do it for me mostly because they're not particularly vintage correct, and while I'd love to own a Hallmark it'll end up being close to vintage Mosrite-money before I have it shipped and past customs to where I live.

Now I know Mosrite Avengers are Japanese guitars that illegaly used the Mosrite name and as such aren't the real thing. That said, are they good enough guitars? Is there anything to be wary about? Is the quality on par with Morales copies, that can usually be found around the same price?

If I can get something that looks and plays like a Mosrite with 70s MIJ quality for 6-700€ shipped, that'd be a strong contender for my next nice-ish guitar.
Last edited by Ceylon on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Science Friction burns my fingers
Electricity still lingers

niksureal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mosrite Avenger experiences? Would you buy one?

Post by niksureal » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 am

i've only played a few but they have all seemed solid to me. especially considering the money you save compared to a real mosrite. though some of the avengers come with hilariously bad tuners. having owned real and japanese, i tend to favour the japanese ones. that definitely seems to be an unpopular opinion but they are much more consistent and in my experience, easier to play.