Can anyone give me some wiring advice for my Tele Deluxe?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Loomer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Can anyone give me some wiring advice for my Tele Deluxe?

Post by Loomer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 am

I would like to mod my Tele Deluxe, and I have a few ideas, but I'm not certain they're possible. Let me know what you think and feel free to draw me diagrams!  ;)

My first idea is to put a Dano Lipstick single between the WRHB's. I would like to replace the toggle with a 6 way rotary switch wired so that you could have all 5 strat-esque combinations, plus the original bridge/neck combination.

Is this possible? I'm not too concerned with hum-canceling on the in between positions.

Second idea is this: Wire the knobs to mimic a JM/Jag in that, instead of a volume and tone for each pup, I'd like to have 2 different values of knobs with a little switch added. So the top volume and tone have the stock value of 250k and would run all  pups when selected, and the bottom two knobs would have a value of, say, 500k(maybe 1meg?) and also run all pups when switched on. Like a rhythm and a lead circuit. Am I explaining myself clearly enough?  :D

What little I know about wiring I've learned from you guys, so please edify me further! :D

pj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Can anyone give me some wiring advice for my Tele Deluxe?

Post by pj » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:44 am

Dano p/us are pretty weak so I don't how they would blend w/ the buckers. Can you split the buckers on a Deluxe?

=-) PJ

Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gordon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:53 am

Loomer wrote:My first idea is to put a Dano Lipstick single between the WRHB's. I would like to replace the toggle with a 6 way rotary switch wired so that you could have all 5 strat-esque combinations, plus the original bridge/neck combination.
You'll need to rout the body for that, as the switch cavity isn't large enough. ;)
Graphic designer (comics stuff, Doctor Who, Star Wars...): https://www.instagram.com/monsieurgordon/ \o/

Loomer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Loomer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:42 am

Gordon wrote:
Loomer wrote:My first idea is to put a Dano Lipstick single between the WRHB's. I would like to replace the toggle with a 6 way rotary switch wired so that you could have all 5 strat-esque combinations, plus the original bridge/neck combination.
You'll need to rout the body for that, as the switch cavity isn't large enough. ;)

Not big enough for a rotary switch?

Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gordon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:18 am

Loomer wrote: Not big enough for a rotary switch?
Nope. Rotary switches are the same size as a full-size pot, and the cavity's not large enough (by half a centimeter). A smaller pot would fit, though.
Graphic designer (comics stuff, Doctor Who, Star Wars...): https://www.instagram.com/monsieurgordon/ \o/

Loomer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Loomer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:41 am

Gordon wrote:
Loomer wrote: Not big enough for a rotary switch?
Nope. Rotary switches are the same size as a full-size pot, and the cavity's not large enough (by half a centimeter). A smaller pot would fit, though.

Can I just take a wide drill bit to it and boar out a bigger hole?