Any love for the ESP FRX?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Any love for the ESP FRX?

Post by tammyw » Sat May 07, 2022 3:41 pm

I think they're among the coolest with that fancy shape, all carved and beveled. Never seen anyone in the US play one, though.

This one's got a slick blue/purple color shifting Andromeda II finish and some Bare Knuckle Painkiller pickups. I'm not big fan of Bare Knuckle, but these work pretty good, and split pretty good, too. Fantastic guitar, top notch all around. :-*

The only thing that could make it better would be if it was a true neck-thru with a thinner profile all they way down to the 24th fret. It still has a decently contoured heel anyway.
All pain and troubles melted away like lemon drops beyond the contrails across the sky.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any love for the ESP FRX?

Post by Jaguar018 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:57 am

I remember you talking about scoring one of these and I went down some rabbit hole of what they were. This is some serious deep-dive Japanese stuff. It's like Japanese-anime-gothic or something. :D

Can't say it's my taste or style, but I am happy that it's out there.

SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SignoftheDragon » Tue May 10, 2022 11:39 am

I've only seen the budget LTD ones in person- I wasn't impressed, though I do dig the shape.

Not for my usual me, but maybe for an alter ego situation. Dress like a big shiny beetle with an elaborate horned headdress kind of thing.

The flip-flop color job fits the same feeling- I'd never have it on one of my 'real' guitars, but it might be fun to try to be 'that kind' of player for a show or two. Maybe.

I'd give it a whirl if I came across one in the wild.

tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tammyw » Sat May 14, 2022 12:57 pm

Yeah, offsets are so mainstream now, I wanted something that would stand out a little more. The finish on this one is so striking, it just blows me away. Here's a couple different angles:

All pain and troubles melted away like lemon drops beyond the contrails across the sky.

tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tammyw » Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm

I think ESP has become my favorite guitar company of the last few years. These are just so incredible, I can't understand why they're not more popular.

Here's a "cast metal" Andromeda finish. I guess they splatter some filler or something on it to give it a textured surface. I don't necessarily recommend it, but they do a good job with it. The finish is nice and glossy, and still does the color shift thing properly. It's certainly a unique look. The back of the neck is left smooth.