NGD: New Guild Day. I Think I Have a Problem

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
seenoevil II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: New Guild Day. I Think I Have a Problem

Post by seenoevil II » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:18 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:54 am
seenoevil II wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 pm

I haven't been going nuts with mine yet. Trying to ease it into the climate despite moving in the mild season.
The climate concerns will almost certainly need the most attention in winter. This guitar moving from the south to the north is going to put it from a relatively natural humid location to one in which the winters are likely dry due to a combination of freezing temperatures and/or forced dry heat. I haven't been to New Jersey so it's hard for me to speak to it, but I assume that one or both of those factors will apply.

I know we had a big thread about this and I might be repeating what you've already read from me, but I always keep a hygrometer around to monitor the humidity in my home, I humidify my home as benefit to the plants and humans in it anyway, and if I am unable to keep the humidity in my actual home above 40% then I use inexpensive in case humidifiers.

https://www.amazon.com/DAddario-Acousti ... 156&sr=8-4

No need to worry much about this, it's all common sense stuff anyway and the best part is what is good for you is good for your guitar.
Yeah, I think she's gonna be a case queen this winter. Yeah, Jersey is one those places with "AlL fOuR SeASonS" Every year we swing from tropical rainforest humidity to skin-crumbling, lip-cracking dryness. I'm glad I was able to make the switch in the 2 week temperate window we get annually.

I'll look into a hydrometer and maybe a humidifier (for the sake of my cracked, bleeding hands as well). Right now I have a damp sponge in a open ziplock baggy in the case.

I once built a guitar case for my jazzmaster by building a close box, then sawing it in two to ensure a good fit. I finished it in June. By December, the two halves peeled back away from each other so far that the headstock could slip through the gap at the top.
If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointments.

amplituden
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: New Guild Day. I Think I Have a Problem

Post by amplituden » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:44 am

Thanks you just helped remind me to put some more water in my Guild's in case humidifier!

I have had my JF-4 Jumbo since maybe 2000 or so, it's a great one. It's the sort of cheaper version no binding or anything, but US made in 1995 and sounds amazing. I had to have it refret last year and it now is better than ever.