What's on your workbench right now?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16687
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by s_mcsleazy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:52 pm
A quick pic for Sean.
Image
hell yeah. dakota red is always a good colour option and that blue is just *chefs kiss*
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:45 am
Location: The Emerald Fucking City

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by smjenkins » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:05 pm

That pic looks like a pair of old-school 3D glasses to me. Nice work! 8)

User avatar
ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2200
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 pm
Location: france

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by ludobag1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:39 am

ThePearDream wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:42 pm



My Dano/Aria build has been ready for assembly for awhile, except that I still don't have a name. I'm going to have to just settle on something...

Image
Daria ?

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16687
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by s_mcsleazy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:04 pm

ludobag1 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:39 am
ThePearDream wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:42 pm



My Dano/Aria build has been ready for assembly for awhile, except that I still don't have a name. I'm going to have to just settle on something...

Image
Daria ?
Image
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by ThePearDream » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Thanks for the love and suggestions.

I'm a big Daria fan as it turns out. My wife and I are rewatching it again as part of our current viewing rotation. I tend to favor names from science these days, e. g. zoology, astronomy, geology. But Daria is pretty brilliant suggestion though. I'll have to use a Daria quote on the headstock.

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 4931
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm

My bandmate cracked the shit out of the pickguard on his Squier Series J Bass by overtightening the jack. It’s one of those 90’s oddities that has a one ply guard and no separate control plate.

Since the pots have been iffy anyway I’m dropping in a premade wiring harness and switching it over to a traditional pickguard. He went with orange.

A bunch of new holes will be needed, but all will be hidden under the guard and plate.

Had to Dremel away a bit of the guard for the right fit, but it’s nice and tight now. Gonna drill tomorrow.

Image

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 16687
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:59 pm

marqueemoon wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm
My bandmate cracked the shit out of the pickguard on his Squier Series J Bass by overtightening the jack. It’s one of those 90’s oddities that has a one ply guard and no separate control plate.

Since the pots have been iffy anyway I’m dropping in a premade wiring harness and switching it over to a traditional pickguard. He went with orange.

A bunch of new holes will be needed, but all will be hidden under the guard and plate.

Had to Dremel away a bit of the guard for the right fit, but it’s nice and tight now. Gonna drill tomorrow.

Image
i always really liked those jazz basses BUT god damn were those pickguards ugly and horrible
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 4931
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What's on your workbench right now?

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:03 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:59 pm
marqueemoon wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm
My bandmate cracked the shit out of the pickguard on his Squier Series J Bass by overtightening the jack. It’s one of those 90’s oddities that has a one ply guard and no separate control plate.

Since the pots have been iffy anyway I’m dropping in a premade wiring harness and switching it over to a traditional pickguard. He went with orange.

A bunch of new holes will be needed, but all will be hidden under the guard and plate.

Had to Dremel away a bit of the guard for the right fit, but it’s nice and tight now. Gonna drill tomorrow.

Image
i always really liked those jazz basses BUT god damn were those pickguards ugly and horrible
I agree. Great neck, and yeah the original pickguard did look like crap. Pots look like the cheapest garage imaginable and Strat knobs on a bass? C’mon.

Post Reply