Am I mad? ( jaguar pickup exchange)

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Riptide
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Am I mad? ( jaguar pickup exchange)

Post by Riptide » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:34 am

hmmm intonation I can do possibly ( i usually get frustrated), the truss rod is something i have yet to learn....... crap

* another random question that I've looked around but have yet to find an answer to, is why my trem arm doesn't stay in... if i lean forward it falls out, so i push it in and it stays in this one position and if you move it to much it just hangs there and swings around wildly (so i haven't used it much for that reason i usually resort to my palm pressing on the unit)

While I'm toying with the tone knob I'm going to go through and find a good setting on the AD-15 of mine, because it seems really sensitive to where the knobs are... >:(
"Who ever controls the media controls the mind"
~Jim Morrison

prospect
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by prospect » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:39 am

If you've never adjusted the truss rod before then please read as much as you can about it or go to a guitar shop.
You don't want to over do it as you may damage the rod.

General rule of thumb, only do 1/4 turns.

Changing the pots sounds like an awesome suggestion too.

Try all of these things before investing in a new pickup.
AVRI pickups sound great as they are imho!
Strings; GHS or D'Addario.
prospectmusic.com

Riptide
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Riptide » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:51 pm

I'll defiantly leave the truss rod to the pros, i don't wanna ruin my fav guitar!!

well i sat down and reset the setting on my amp and messed around with he tone control A LOT, and I must say you guys are geniuses. I remember i sat down one day a long time ago with my strat and just gave up on playing with the tone control, and I've messed with it before but i don't remember it being so useful as i found it today. I still think im going to pick a new set of thicker strings.  I was thinking of maybe giving the D'addario chromes a shot again...
"Who ever controls the media controls the mind"
~Jim Morrison