Tuffset Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Tuffset Bridge

Post by Deed_Poll » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:21 pm

OffYourFace wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:26 pm
Sal Paradise helped me out and I placed my order. Then my email came :D

Also my in my excitement for this I forgot that the announcement post should go in the FS section.
Oh man, I'm sorry! As I replied to the other guys here, we outgrew our free MailChimp subscription, so we used a custom mailer bot - but it sends them out in chunks! They should all have arrived now though, fingers crossed! 🤞
Creator of the Tuffset Bridge - Locked & Ready to Rock!
www.tuffsetbridge.com ◈ @tuffsetbridge

Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tuffset Bridge

Post by Deed_Poll » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:22 pm

gibs wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:15 pm
Ordered up, never have done any special offset bridge before this like you guys with the Halons and Mastery’s, and the RSD custom shop bridge. I’ve made due with the import bridge on my squier and other than a little bit of rattle (which I think I’ve finally gotten rid of from the intonation screw of the high E) have been happy with it. Though most of you would probably laugh at how high I have it adjusted. It looks more like a Gibson than a fender in terms of break angle over the bridge.

I’m building a bit of a mutant on a saylor semi hollow JM and using a war moth neck I got for free. So needed a bridge I could adjust, was gonna make do with eyguitar stuff and use adjustable saddles, but since I’m still gathering parts I thought I might as well get something special for this one. Using p90 staple pickups, jag switch and lead plates, and gonna cut a custom shaped pickguard similar to a bass vi or electric xii shape. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
That sounds absolutely awesome!! I hope you'll post all about it as it comes together!
Creator of the Tuffset Bridge - Locked & Ready to Rock!
www.tuffsetbridge.com ◈ @tuffsetbridge

Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm

Deed_Poll wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:22 pm
gibs wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:15 pm
Ordered up, never have done any special offset bridge before this like you guys with the Halons and Mastery’s, and the RSD custom shop bridge. I’ve made due with the import bridge on my squier and other than a little bit of rattle (which I think I’ve finally gotten rid of from the intonation screw of the high E) have been happy with it. Though most of you would probably laugh at how high I have it adjusted. It looks more like a Gibson than a fender in terms of break angle over the bridge.

I’m building a bit of a mutant on a saylor semi hollow JM and using a war moth neck I got for free. So needed a bridge I could adjust, was gonna make do with eyguitar stuff and use adjustable saddles, but since I’m still gathering parts I thought I might as well get something special for this one. Using p90 staple pickups, jag switch and lead plates, and gonna cut a custom shaped pickguard similar to a bass vi or electric xii shape. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
That sounds absolutely awesome!! I hope you'll post all about it as it comes together!
I plan to start a thread once I get enough of the pieces in to start working more on it. Right now I just used an old strat guard as a guide to trace out the pickguard shape directly on the body. Went ahead and drew the centerline and and vibrato screw holes while I was at it so I can pre drill that before paint. Gonna transfer the pickguard shape to clear plastic and build a template to cut the guard. Thinking tort originally, but the idea of black perlloid guard with white plastics has intrigued me (especially since I’m thinking a deep metallic blue for the finish, think lake placid blue, but probably not accurate).

Would’ve gone with one of your guitar form bodies, but not knowing how bad import duties would’ve been on something the size of a guitar body would be, and not knowing how customizable you’d get with altering the pickguard shape (love some of your marauder and other mashup designs) went with a more local solution. Just have to put a little more work in.

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rank » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:18 pm

Got mine preordered!
We are merely moving shadows.

raxling coxcomb, a
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by raxling coxcomb, a » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:40 pm

Checking in here first was a smart move, because it reminded me the email would have a discount code.

Patience was rewarded, and the email came in after people had been ordering. Order is placed! Looking forward to trying this out on both a tremolo and hardtail offsets.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:09 pm

Pre-ordered mine as well! I'm honestly tempted to pre-order another one, but we shall see.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384