The Hairmaster - MK II

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
epizootics
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Hairmaster - MK II

Post by epizootics » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:52 pm

Veitchy wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:02 am
Holy fuck that's so cool.

One particular Drones show may well be the best gig I ever went to, And I can only imagine Gareth playing one of my guitars. Congrats mate.
I can relate to that - the Drones were the first gig I went to see in my adult life, and they set the bar pretty damn high. They were touring Gala Mill and relatively unknown in France back then. I bumped into this junkie I vaguely knew on the street one night and he convinced me to go and see "the best band that will ever play our shitty city". I tagged along, there were only thirty of us in the venue and the music literally blew my mind.
solfege wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:51 pm
This made me grab a ticket to see TFS when they come through next month. So I can perhaps document further sightings.
Cool! You won't be disappointed - they are one of the best live acts out there. :)
I hope Dunn wasn't put off by how out of tune it went during Rubber Bullies enough to leave in in Australia for their US tour. Someone in the audience actually filmed this one and I feel really bad for not finishing the guitar early enough so that the strings could settle in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYq44jPXA0

Flurko
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Flurko » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:59 pm

This is so cool ! Really nice to see the compliments it got on Instagram too, everything is deserved !
I've been looking at "metal" oriented guitars this days for my band, I need something with a high output to chug and a trem with a big range to go widldlywiddly, but it looks like no one else makes cool looking guitars with those features except you !

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:45 pm

on my favourite TFS song, even ... !
YouTube from Lyon
and much better views on this, *not* my favourite TFS song ...
YouTube from Lyon pt 2

epizootics
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by epizootics » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:15 pm

MatthewK wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:45 pm
on my favourite TFS song, even ... !
YouTube from Lyon
and much better views on this, *not* my favourite TFS song ...
YouTube from Lyon pt 2
Haha. No one seems to like the Bee Gees cover. I'm still on the fence about it - it hardly makes any sense to have it in the set, where the Stooges & the Lost Animal covers fit right in, but it really suits Dunn's voice and it does have historical relevance in a world where Aussie exports have seemed super random since the 70s. Although in my mind the Bee Gees are still a Manchester band, what with the Gibb brothers having been born in Chorlton.

That string going really sharp in Rubber Bullies is giving me cold sweat, I thanked her for sticking with it regardless for two numbers after the show!
Flurko wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:59 pm
This is so cool ! Really nice to see the compliments it got on Instagram too, everything is deserved !
I've been looking at "metal" oriented guitars this days for my band, I need something with a high output to chug and a trem with a big range to go widldlywiddly, but it looks like no one else makes cool looking guitars with those features except you !
Merci! :)
I am starting to think that this might be my niche - non-metal guitars afflxed with some of those devices. It's interesting how differently a Floyd Rose behaves when strung up with thicker strings (ie. 11s or bigger) in regular tuning. The extra spring tension required to keep the trem balanced gives you extra control over what you do with it, something I can only describe as surf music from hell, scaling easily from a JM flutter to full dive bomb in a second. Coupled with low-wind alnico-rod humbuckers, the attack is fast and clicky, at least with the Gotoh units I have been using, and the combination of all those factors results in fun, vicious little guitars to play. Widldlywiddly IS the right word ;D