Jazzmaster Bass VI build advice

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
ShelbyCoopra
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jazzmaster Bass VI build advice

Post by ShelbyCoopra » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:40 pm

Hey everyone! I've been doing some extensive research the past few days on this and found this lovely site. I've read about boss302bass's build as well as a few others and I think I'm ready to get to work.

I intend on getting a custom Jazzmaster body as well as a custom 30" scale length neck, similar to a squier baritone or bass vi. With some bass vi specific strings tuned up, and the traditional single coils from the Jazzmaster, I think it should work out okay.

I want some opinions, if you guys have any. I've built a couple guitars but I haven't dove this deep into one, and am not entirely familiar with all the aspects needed. I'd really like to be able to play in the same octave and tuning as a standard bass, which is why I'm doing the larger strings.

Let me know what you think! Any tips you give before I drop hundreds on such a project would be greatly appreciated.

-K

Teebz999
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jazzmaster Bass VI build advice

Post by Teebz999 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:56 am

Hey,

Have a look at my Jazzmaster VI build. Used an MJT body and an older bass VI neck. Needed to move the bridge back to fit the scale length. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and good luck !