Fender Road Worn Jazzblaster

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
TruckstopChuckie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Fender Road Worn Jazzblaster

Post by TruckstopChuckie » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:24 pm

I dug out my router yesterday. Got this MIM Road Worn Jazzmaster a couple of months ago, along with a set of wide range's from Porter Pickups, about three or for months ago, but due to my miserable life, it didn't happen anything until yesterday, despite me pulling the guitar apart the week after I got it.

So. I did it. Deeper pickup cavities. Haven't made holes for the rhythm circuit. Yet. Not 100% sure if I'm gonna go for it or not. I actually find the rhythm circuit useful, but haven't tried it with WRHB, so I might just leave it tucked in under the pickguard for a while to see if I miss it or not (writing this, I see that I have countersunk the screwholes for the bracket and the switch, so I guess I will have the rhythm circuit, then...).

The body has been buffed out a bit. I like the sort of subtle aging from Fender, but it lack some shine. Will also apply some tru oil on the back of the neck as I don't appreciate the raw-wood-feeling.

(Sharing via Google Photos, but not sure if they show up for other than me).
Last edited by TruckstopChuckie on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am.

bodhi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Road Worn Jazzblaster

Post by bodhi » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:39 am

Pictures seem to work!

Looks good! If you don't like the standard rhythm circuit with WRHBs, you can use it to wire up all sorts of variations :) There's the marathon thread with just about every permutation figured out already viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282

FWIW I have WRHBs in a roughly tele deluxe project, but with a variation of the Peavey T-60 wiring set up, and find it useful to have the coil split sounds available: https://www.premierguitar.com/diy/mod-g ... eavey-t-60 --- but the pickups I ordered from Catswhiskers were deliberately wound slightly unevenly to have better split sounds and with 4 wires coming from each pickup, so you're probably better off testing what feels right with yours.
Jazzmaster project (got a body, placeholder neck, some pickups and ideas)
Tokai Telecaster Thinline with Creamery Pickups Filtertron and Tapped Tele
Blake Mills-inspired Strat project w/ Gold Foil and slide pickup

TruckstopChuckie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Road Worn Jazzblaster

Post by TruckstopChuckie » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:14 am

Cool. Will check out the wiring-tread. :)
I am.