What separates a Jazzmaster from a Jazzblaster?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What separates a Jazzmaster from a Jazzblaster?

Post by tammyw » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:31 pm

I'm not saying I couldn't be convinced otherwise, I just don't think I've seen that strong consensus overall.

Way back then, WRHB didn't have the mythical status they got in the 21st century, they were just some unloved Tele deluxe pickups. I don't remember the story anymore; he put them in his Jazzmaster to get more output or feedback... was it anything more than coincidence and happenstance that they were WRHB?

And if we're going to be that specific about a WRHB, where do you draw the line on what qualifies? Over the last decade there have been more than a handful of attempts at recreating WRHBs with varying degrees of accuracy or compromise. People have also sometimes even referred to any humbucker with 3/3 split poles/covers as a WRHB, regardless of the underlying construction.
All pain and troubles melted away like lemon drops beyond the contrails across the sky.

averic03
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: What separates a Jazzmaster from a Jazzblaster?

Post by averic03 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:29 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:13 am
averic03 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:26 pm
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:04 pm
i still consider a jagmaster as any jaguar/jazzmaster shaped guitars with a hardtail/strat trem. i consider a jazzblaster as a jazzmaster with widerange pickups. by my definition, my main drop d guitar is a jazzmasterblaster
This is awesome, what is it? Is it a partscaster or some kind of squier/fender?
it's one of the affinity jazzmasters (the older hardtail models)
That's sick. Do you have any full-body pics of it on hand? I would love to see it in all its glory