I want to remove the treble bleed and make it pickup switch any help on how.

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Vans_Boro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

I want to remove the treble bleed and make it pickup switch any help on how.

Post by Vans_Boro » Sun May 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if it would be possible to rewire the treble bleed switch on my jaguar to a new pickup switch for a P-90 i want to put in-between the two single coils, and if there already wiring diagram for something like this/how I would go about wiring something like this.
Thank you for any info that can point me in the right direction/ sorry if I post this in the wrong forum if I do.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I want to remove the treble bleed and make it pickup switch any help on how.

Post by timtam » Mon May 16, 2022 12:54 am

Vans_Boro wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:34 pm
Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if it would be possible to rewire the treble bleed switch on my jaguar to a new pickup switch for a P-90 i want to put in-between the two single coils, and if there already wiring diagram for something like this/how I would go about wiring something like this.
Thank you for any info that can point me in the right direction/ sorry if I post this in the wrong forum if I do.
Welcome ! It's a bass cut (strangle switch) not a treble bleed, but I know what you mean. ;)

If you look at the 2 pickup switches in the diagram linked below, you can see how the neck pickup hot (coming from the rhythm/lead switch) and bridge pickup hot (coming direct to the switch) allow the pickup switches to add each pickup to the main signal route that runs in the wire down the middle of the switches. There are different forms of those switches on different jags (some SPST, some DPDT with only one pole used, etc), so the particular tabs used on your switches may vary.
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... A_SISD.pdf

You can add a third pickup by cutting or disconnecting one leg of the cap on the strangle switch (or remove the whole cap), moving the blue wire to the central tab, connecting the middle pickup hot to the current blue-wire tab (ie the tab as shown in the diagram), and then rotating the switch by 180 degs (so 'ON' is the same direction for all pickup) switches.

Depending on exactly what switches you have there are other ways that might work, but the above should work with anything. If you understand SPST/DPDT switches and are handy with a multimeter to figure out which switches you have and how they work, you would be able to find other ways to do it.

If you want to move the middle pickup switch to the middle position of the 3 switches, just swap the current middle switch and the strangle switch.

I am not sure if anyone here has added a P90 as you propose. There is some chance that it might not be a good match (eg output-level-wise), but that might be manageable by adjusting pickup heights.

BTW when you link an image here the URL should have .JPG at the end, otherwise it probably won't work ...
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

Vans_Boro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: I want to remove the treble bleed and make it pickup switch any help on how.

Post by Vans_Boro » Tue May 17, 2022 4:03 am

I don't know how to reply but thanks for helping me bro