This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
F15hface
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by F15hface » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:42 am

I love booberry bust, one day I'll have to figure out how to minimise the issue of the Atlantic Ocean and find someone to make a Venus body to get sprayed with it.
That semi vintage jag is gorgeous too. I'm a sucker for white button tuners.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:03 pm

F15hface wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:42 am
I love booberry bust, one day I'll have to figure out how to minimise the issue of the Atlantic Ocean and find someone to make a Venus body to get sprayed with it.
That semi vintage jag is gorgeous too. I'm a sucker for white button tuners.
I've been sitting on this Venus-inspired design for a while. Kind of has a rickenbacker-meets-fender look to it.
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

Bango_Rilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bango_Rilla » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:14 pm

The "Blue Banana" has landed! Much thanks to Feelgood Guitars / Copacetic Customs for making this weirdo ape's dream a reality!
Rock on!

Lover of offsets (and bananas!)

https://thegogorillas.com
https://instagram.com/thegogorillas

tqi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

-

Post by tqi » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:37 pm

-
Last edited by tqi on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daitong II » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:05 pm

That is amazing! Congrats and amazing work by Copacetic.

theremintheme
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by theremintheme » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:13 am

tqi wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:37 pm
Bango_Rilla wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:14 pm
The "Blue Banana" has landed! Much thanks to Feelgood Guitars / Copacetic Customs for making this weirdo ape's dream a reality!
Rock on!
I support any guitar that is covered in glitter. She's a work of art.
Gotta love that sparkle!

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nudger » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:47 pm

Bango_Rilla wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:14 pm
Rock on!

Just had an hour on the tube checking out the Go Go Rillas, just my cup of beer 8)
Top Banana Bango!!

Bango_Rilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bango_Rilla » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:55 pm

Hey thanks, appreciate that very much! You're a good ape!
Lover of offsets (and bananas!)

https://thegogorillas.com
https://instagram.com/thegogorillas

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:02 pm

Howdy gang!!

Its been a minute since i checked in here, but dont think i havent been checking the forums daily and keeping up with all youse. Just been a little fatigued by internet posting, emails, blah blah blah lately but im getting out of my little antisocial grumpfest slowly but surely ;)

Its been like 2+ months (!!!) since my last update, so you know ive got a big mother of a post for ya!

First up, probably the most expensive instrument ive worked on yet! This gorgeous 63 Bass VI (with a super thin A width neck!) was brought to me by a very chill local cat named Jonathan. It had been put thru the ringer by a previous owner to say the least. Chiseled out pickup routs, a poorly stripped finish with divots, dents, and dings everywhere and painted with black HOUSE PAINT to top it all off :'( It was a labor of love to bring it back from the brink but just lookit her now 8) All jazzed up in a new coat of Faded Fiesta Red nitro with new jag pups and a spitfire guard, its ready to rock for another 60+ years in style!

Finished up our second Swingster model. This one was sprayed in "Gengar Purple Pearl" nitro, a little custom mix that i thought looked like the pokemon Gengar. Wish it wouldve stuck around a bit longer but it sold pretty quickly on reverb and went to a happy new home. Oh well, there will be many more :)

Got some sweet pics back from Adam of his Type One Marauder build we did the paint work and assembly+setup on. MAN does this thing look amazing, especially in the company of the rest of the awesome guitars in his collection, including the Type 2 i helped put together for him!!

Speaking of Adam, he also sent some shots of some other projects i painted/completed for him! Burgundy Mist nylon strat and a Mosrite Ventures model build in Evergreen Metallic nitro!

Quick headstock match and neck finish/swap for this Alternate Reality XII owned by Lincoln, a member here on OSG and repeat customer! Really pleased with the custom color match on this one, as this white was creamier than any of my readily-available shades and had to be camera-matched.

FINALLY finished up these large flake coke bottle sparkle jobs i started around the same time last year. Jag and marauder with matching headstock! These take so much time and work, ive had to stop offering them for the most part (unless you can wait 6months plus!) but i have to admit, they turned out STUNNING!

Lightly aged firemist silver/ice blue J Marr Jag refin for another local cat named Andy! Used a new paint code thats a little more on the side of Ice blue and we both loved it!

Got some more pics back of the Ric Okasek inspired pink jazzmaster i painted a couple months back. Stripped the original blonde finish from the body and headstock and sprayed a bubblegum pink base with magenta pearl on top. Looking stunning all assembled and setup!

More assembled customer pics, this time of Javier's (OSG fam!!) Starcaster build we finished in burgundy mist nitro. Hell yes!

Vintage jazzmaster body and TVL neck refinished in aged LPB for Jerome, who i believe is also a member here. Always grateful for all the love my OSG friends show me and all the cool stuff we get to work on together :-*

Customer's Marauder body we sprayed in Evergeen Metallic nitro. Neck was made by Musikraft but they left off the sanded-in swoosh and sent the headstock flat. So i meticulously filed and sanded in a beveled swoosh to the best of my ability. Turned out stellar if you ask me!

'63 Pbass we refinished for Mike and Mikes. Dark Ocean Turquoise nitro ftw! Somehow they still have this one for sale but i dont anticipate itll last too long!

We already saw it on this thread thanks to Bango, but wanted to share at least one shot of the "Blue Banana" we finished in gorgeous blue sparkle for the Go-Go-Rillas! Another large flake labor of love, this one took me a HOT minute to finish but im so happy to see it being appreciated and played by Bango!

Couple Jagstang bodies made by our pals at Cross Guitars. Yet another forum member project that im incredibly thankful for! Lloyd commissioned us to spray one in Fiesta Red for his daughter, and one in Teal Green Metallic for him. Theyre still curing but will be ready to sand and polish and send back home in a week or two!

And now for a peek at some things currently in the works ;)

Burgundy mist Dreamweaver II with humbuckers, simplified switching, offset vibrato

Our first Gardenia model, our take on an "S" shape for offset lovers. Sprayed in Lilac Frost nitro

Space Cadet for Forum member Stuart in new burst experiment called "Angel Burst" (Rose gold with sandy gold burst) This one also has a matching pickguard that i neglected to photograph 8)

Penny Sparkle 24" Dreamweaver II for forum member Sonny!

Whew!!! That was a huge post. This isnt even close to everything ive worked on or am currently working on, just the stuff i have remembered to take pretty pictures of. Keep your eyes on this thread and my instagram (@copaceticcustoms) to keep up with what we're working on :)

Missed you guys! Hope everyone has been doing good :-*
Last edited by copacetic on Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Great work as usual (this is the gibs from IG btw)!

I’m getting parts gathered for my build currently, got the body I was talking with you about. I think I’m take a chance at cutting my own pickguard and just using Jaguar plates. So I may reach out for some guidance, I did start a thread on here about cutting custom guards and how to transfer traces to templates to cut. Will be posting my own build thread soon.

armensguitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by armensguitars » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:08 pm

Love these! Great work, that Bass VI finish looks spectacular.

Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daitong II » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:24 pm

Excellent, magnificent work, as usual. really love how the Penny Sparkle came out on my Marauder there. Can’t wait to get that bad boy up and running. Thanks again for all your great work.

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:26 pm

Glad to see you posting again, I know I can speak for everyone when I say we all love these posts.

Really like the Ice Blue formula you've got.

The Type 1 Marauder, Mosrite, and Burgundy Mist Strat also look super sick ;)
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CROSS_guitars » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:43 pm

Oh cool. I was wondering how those two Jag-stang bodies I made were progressing!

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:06 am

All beautiful!
Especially that XII! :?
That‘s the kind of white I‘d like to see on my future Jag build!
Also the Mosrite, the IBM/FMS and the OTM. You do excellent work!