This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by Embenny » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:05 pm

copacetic wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:44 pm
I love that this feels like one of the last bastions of the "real internet" where people are generally very kind and open minded and little niche communities can form and thrive. Lets keep this same energy moving forward and keep this a place that not only inspires us to nerd out over cool guitars but to welcome others with open arms and be better, more mindful people.
Too right. This is literally the only place online that I can go to interact with people without it having that "social media cesspool" vibe.

That green sparkle is fantastic, by the way. Sorry to hear they've been too time consuming to continue. Hope you figure out a new approach that works for you, because your results are amazing.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Surfysonic » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:12 pm

:derp: wrong thread, lol. My bad! :-[

Awesome work - I'll be reaching out soon for a project I have in mind.... :whistle:
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

thisisnickpaige
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thisisnickpaige » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:48 am

These look amazing! Reached out to you by email, maybe DM is better? Have some ideas for mid to late march 8)
Jesus

thisisnickpaige
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thisisnickpaige » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:27 am

Can confirm he reached out moments after my post. A really good guy to chat with and work with. Excited for this project :)
Jesus

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:31 pm

copacetic wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:36 pm
Congrats Cope, looks like your marauder build has gotten some attention on Reverb, enough to give it a mention in their last email.

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 pm

Yeah, Reverb is pimping the light green Marauder listing in its most watched article: https://reverb.com/news/the-most-watche ... -this-week

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:36 pm

Howdy gang!

Been a while since my last update. The holidays were crazy and slowed me down a lot and just when I had started to catch back up, my cat passed away, bad freezing weather swept thru texas, ive had personal issues galore, and new struggles to deal with as a businessperson. Very shitty, turbulent and hectic month to say the least, but I'm hoping to put it behind me and move forward with the same vigor ive always had.

Not a ton of finished stuff to share with you all, but some very cool stuff!!

Finished up this custom build for Lincoln, a forum member! JSDR in competition red w/ matching headstock and Curtis Novak XII pups!! Its funny, when I first started painting guitars, I HATED candy apple red, and thought of it as a boring, bland finish that seemingly every cheap guitar comes in. But in recent years, I've developed an affinity for it. When done right, candy apple red is a true stunner, and I think this definitely counts as "done right"!!

A "downside" to what I do is sometimes you plan out a build intending to sell it, but then when it all comes together and you get to strum it and hold it, you just cant stomach the idea of selling it off. Thats exactly how I've ended up with my FIFTH mustang-adjacent guitar.. Custom JSDR build with a 1978 Musicmaster neck, handwound pups by Q pickups in Croatia, and sprayed in "Competition Green" nitro. I actually jacked the color combo from a forum member's MIJ mustang bass in "competition turquoise" that I matched the headstock on and had a bunch of paint leftover from. I remember thinking the yellow stripes looked badass against the greenish metallic turquoise, and thought the combo looked excellent and snazzy without a matching headstock, which is rare for me as a guy who is normally team matching headstock all the way. Since I didnt want to refinish a perfectly unscathed original 70s headstock, i figured this color combo would be perfect. It was indeed, too perfect, as now I'm in love with it.

Bilinda-inspired offset build in "Tideburst" nitro.. Fast becoming my favorite finish to spray. Only did half the normal amount of filler-primer on this one to allow the texture of the wood grain to shine thru the gloss nitro finish.. Pine just has such lovely, wavy grain its a shame to cover it up! Ends up with a very sun-bleached 60s surfer type of vibe. This one is listed over in the Guitar Shop section if anyone falls in love with it like I have!

Another bilinda-build, this time in a new burst experiment finish im calling "duskburst." Another pine body i used half the amount of filler on to let the grain shine thru. Finish is inspired by that last moment of sunset right before night falls.. Listed over in the guitar shop if anyone wants to make her yours!

Thats it for the finished stuff this week gang, but just because ive been away for awhile.. heres a sneak peek at another wacky burst finish i sprayed on a customer's bass vi this week.. calling it "Desert Roseburst"

Thanks for rocking with me all this time Offsetters, i wouldnt be half as motivated without knowing i have so many people out there who enjoy seeing my work!
Cheers!
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CROSS_guitars » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:50 pm

Nice one.
I sent your body off a few days ago.

ryandennis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ryandennis » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:09 pm

Those Tideburst finishes are absolutely killer. Keep up the good work! :w00t:
https://linktr.ee/newheroesband

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:22 pm

Holy shit dude! These are all amazing, but that duskburst and desert roseburst are both really incredible!!!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

andare
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andare » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:31 am

Absolutely killer stuff. Can I ask where you get those witch hat knobs with the numbers facing the right way and the words Tone and Vol the same size?

ldp54002
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ldp54002 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:19 am

andare wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:31 am
Absolutely killer stuff. Can I ask where you get those witch hat knobs with the numbers facing the right way and the words Tone and Vol the same size?
Fender Pure Vintage JM knobs.

Bango_Rilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bango_Rilla » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:38 pm

Ah yes, the "Jazz Hats", when worn, user is subject to "Jazz hands" Be WARNED!
Lover of offsets (and bananas!)

https://thegogorillas.com
https://instagram.com/thegogorillas

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:05 pm

Howdy gang!

Coming out of a bit of a hibernation with some cool stuff to show you all!
Its been an insanely busy past couple of months! It feels like the year just started and its already March, which kind of blows my mind. I may not have been posting much the past few weeks, but I've been crazy busy working on a lot of cool new developments for Feelgood Guitars that i think you all will love.. Scroll to the end for sneak peeks (sorry this will be a long one)

First up, i finished up this sweet Bass Vi revamp in one of my latest metallic burst experiments, "Desert Roseburst" nitro for a local cat and new friend, Drewsky. This one went mildly viral on instagram, and I can definitely understand why. Its a stunner! Matching burst painted pickguard and headstock inspired by the oft-loved and oft-hated "Antigua" finish (I'm in the love column!!). The finish consists of a Rose Gold base with a custom mixed Lilac Purple burst. The funky color scheme has been compared to the old two-color trix yogurt cups, which is a comparison i love 8)

Even though I've done tons of these by now, this compstang was extra special because it was a restoration! This legit 1969 comp blue 'stang had met with an unfortunate fate and had its beautiful original finish stripped and cheap white acrylic paint sprayed all over it. Curiously, some attempt was made to leave the original decal intact, but i would argue this only made matters worse! (See before picture) I grimaced as i sanded the original decal -mostly- away and proceeded to spray over it with a new coat of LPB, but I knew the results would be worth it and this pony would gallop once more! Did a lot of extra work stripping the paint off the original shielding plates rather than replacing them and leveling out a terrible strip sanding job from the past, and it was certainly a labor of love. I didnt have the pleasure of fully assembling it, but this should give a good enough idea of how it started vs. how it ended up.

Next up, another one for my pal/fellow forumite Adam, aka NoCamping_4U. J Bass in heavy aged Firemist Silver nitro w/ matching headstock!

More Firemist Silver refinishing goodness for ya, this time with slightly less yellowing/aging to the clear, but more than a slight bit more wear. This one is a CV 60's Jazzmaster with the original Sunburst still intact underneath and poking thru the new nitro finish in spots. Did a lot of work to the frets, fretboard, tremolo and nut to make this one punch way above its weight. Its on its way to get a new set of handwound pickups the owner had made for it!

Another CV JM refin/setup, this time the assignment was aged LPB with a matching headstock. Another fantastic choice if i say so myself! I believe the owner is a member on here, so the good taste in color is no surprise!

And heres a sneak peek at some stuff coming very very soon...

NOW, for the really juicy stuff.. the future of Feelgood guitars...
I've been working with our own Kifla, who is a fellow Texan now after migrating from Croatia and an absolute WIZARD with all things guitar, on prototypes of my own "original" body shapes. These are designed by mashing up parts of various existing body shapes with some unique lines here and there and creating something "new." I hope that you all dig these as much as I do, theyre pretty much all Ive been able to think about lately! First prototypes will be coming soon for the Space Cadet, Swingster, and Hyacinth, with the rest following soon after. I'm very curious to know which one is you guys' favorite, as it will help me know which ones to build first :-)

Heres the part where i give my schpeel about how much I love and appreciate you guys. It may seem cliche, but i cannot thank this forum enough for all the friends and business partnerships Ive made thru it. I love that the Feelgood guitar "brand" is basically a worldwide web of internet friends working together on little pieces of a puzzle that comes together to make something cool and unique. I'm happy to have washed ashore on this little cyber island of misfit toys :freako:
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

efiug
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by efiug » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:31 pm

is the tele/swinger mashup one a short scale? seems pretty sick if so, gives me original fender bullet vibes too