This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by copacetic » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:22 pm

Another week, another round of offsets getting Pimped out at Copacetic Customs...

Finished up this White/Purple Pearl colorshift J Bass:

Swapped the guard on this Charcoal Frost beauty to aged white (This one is still available for purchase on Reverb/eBay)

Excuse the non-offset content but this Ember Red Les Paul top i finished turned out too good not to share:

A peek at whats coming in the next few days/weeks:
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:05 pm

copacetic wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:22 pm
Finished up this White/Purple Pearl colorshift J Bass:

(...)
Whoa!

WHOA!
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:00 pm

Another day, another offset!

This was a custom build for a customer who found me on instagram, based around an IYV mustang body married to a 2012 Squier VM Jaguar Neck (one of the good ones with Rosewood fb) and adorned in a new coat of luscious Saturn Lilac poly. Stewmac .5 degree shim, cavity shielded, new Fralin strat-size p90 in bridge, mustang pup in neck. Full fret level and polish, fret end dressing, nut recut to eliminate some sitar like buzzing. Setup in drop C# with 9-46 strings, it plays like butter!

And in a bizarre twist of fate, this CV Mustang I refinished for a fellow forum member ended up coming back into my possession. The nitro finish has checked up beautifully in the past year or so and it sounds and plays as good as it looks. Its technically for sale if anyone is interested but I am very tempted to just hang onto it because its so rad!

And just to tease a bit, another updated shot of this EBMM bass in big obnoxious Amethyst bass boat flake 8)

Last edited by copacetic on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:38 pm

Some gorgeous guitars here, particularly the Charcoal Frost Metallic Jazzmaster with white guard & the lilac Jag/Mustang combo. Niiiice!!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:18 pm

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:38 pm
Some gorgeous guitars here, particularly the Charcoal Frost Metallic Jazzmaster with white guard & the lilac Jag/Mustang combo. Niiiice!!!
many thanks, Porky :)

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Another week, another batch of offsets (and a few normies) to respray..

Aged Lake Placid Blue JM w/ matching headstock..

A sweet new color called "Atlantis Aqua Metallic" on this JM/Coronado hybrid.. Headstock in last pic shown next to Aged LPB for reference

Rad Jaguar Bass in Plum Purple Metallic poly

A super cool Ice Blue Metallic nitro Telemaster...

Fender Alternate Reality Sixty Six body in Sunset Bronze Mica along with three JM necks in gloss Poly for Mike, a forum member:

Black matched headstock on this B&B USA Fender Jazzmaster neck for a fellow forum member

Finished up this Relic Fiesta Red Jaguar body.. Mahogany.. super thick & heavy

And of course a little love for the normie body shapes..

Gorgeous Shoreline Gold nitro MIJ tele for a forum member:

And last but not least, this late 70s Harmony-made Olympic stratocaster in a fresh new coat of Shell Pink nitro:

Thanks for looking! Will surely post completed pics of some of the in-progress projects.. In the meantime, hit me up if you've been wanting anything refinished! Ask any of the forum members who've sent me guitars.. I work FAST and get them turned around lickety split! 8)
Last edited by copacetic on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:47 am

Looks fantastic!
Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Veitchy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:53 pm

copacetic wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Gorgeous Shoreline Gold nitro MIJ tele for a forum member
Any thoughts on the Mastery ashtray bridge vs a regular one? Not quite as much out there vs the offset bridge.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:32 pm

Great work, lots of nice colours going on and it's cool to see some alternative shades (I especially like the lilac)

Not too sure about the routine decal-swapping of Squiers to Fenders though... a little naughty really but, meh, not really my business. Just be careful you're not caught and fined!
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:43 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:32 pm
Great work, lots of nice colours going on and it's cool to see some alternative shades (I especially like the lilac)

Not too sure about the routine decal-swapping of Squiers to Fenders though... a little naughty really but, meh, not really my business. Just be careful you're not caught and fined!
I understand the sentiment, however I only put fender decals on squiers upon customer request and if they promise to never sell it as a fake. I should probably get something in writing, but I like to think I can take people on their word. Besides, due to the custom nature of these builds, my customers usually plan to keep them for life. Just as a safety net i usually put Copacetic Customs decals on the back of the neck under lacquer so it can never be passed off as a factory Fender. They usually get modded/upgraded to the point where they're equal to or better than a "real" Fender anyways if i dare say so myself :derp:

Any squier or "off" brand I sell on reverb etc. gets one of my custom made Feelgood decals. Definitely dont want any cease and desists in the mail lol

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:54 pm

Deed_Poll wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:47 am
Looks fantastic!
Many thanks, friend :-)
Veitchy wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:53 pm
copacetic wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Gorgeous Shoreline Gold nitro MIJ tele for a forum member
Any thoughts on the Mastery ashtray bridge vs a regular one? Not quite as much out there vs the offset bridge.
I liked it, but I can't say I'd spend the money on one if it was my guitar. Ive never really had many problems with a nice standard 3 saddle tele bridge, and the mastery only seems to marginally improve intonation. They are well made to be sure, but i've always been just fine with Leo's classic designs, which you can buy 2 or 3 of for the price of one mastery unit.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 pm

Another week (maybe more idk) has passed and another batch of offsets have been revolving through the shop here in beautiful Austin TX! Finished up several builds/refins that have been featured on this post while being sprayed, so hopefully it'll be satisfying to some of you to see them completed!
This will be a lengthy one but i'll try to make the scrolling worth your while! ;D

Starting with the ones i first posted the longest ago:

This beautiful "Kushguana Green" Sparklemaster went home to the lucky sonofagun who ordered it.. Novak pups, mastery bridge/trem, 920d Vintage wiring harness, rolled fingerboard edges... and it started as a lowly CV Jazzmaster :o

Next up, finished up this slick looking matched headstock on a TVL neck for forum member sciuri:

This has surely got to be one of the coolest jag basses in existence... MIJ with allllll the knobs n switches refinished in "Ripe Plum Metallic" for Lori, an awesome repeat customer of mine (repeat customers get a permanent "family" discount on all future work FYI)

Any Telemaster (offset tele?) fans in the house?? Ice blue metallic is always a stunner, especially with the requisite matching headstock!

This one is reallllly sick... Inspired by the superbly talented Michael Lemmo's recently gifted Lake Placid Blue 1964 Jazzmaster, this puppy is ready to go home to a happy new home with Liam, a super cool talented young dude who will undoubtedly shred it for years.. Mastery bridge, Lollar pups, Fender hardware, yeaaaaah dude.

And i admit i saved my favorite for last... Jazzmaster/Coronado hybrid finished in gorgeous Atlantis Aqua Metallic Nitro... This guitar leaves me speechless honestly, its definitely in my top 3 all-time list. Fender Jazzmaster body, Fender Coronado II neck, copacetic finish!

Thats -mostly- everything from the past week or so. I'll surely be checking in soon with more offset goodness. Stay weird :-* :freako:
Last edited by copacetic on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:27 pm

That JM / Coro build is sick! Where did you get that neck from?

pakhan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pakhan » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:27 pm

Hi Charlie,

Nice to see you on the forum!

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:53 am