Jaguar Template Needed (UK)

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Lo-Fi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Jaguar Template Needed (UK)

Post by Lo-Fi » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:34 am

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't see a recent thread. Does anyone have a source for good Jaguar templates in the UK?

Faction Guitars unfortunately don't ship to the UK (and I imagine it would be untenably expensive to ship anyway). I've found this set on eBay but I've absolutely no idea if they're any good or not. Ideally I'd like to find a Paul Rhoney template as these appear to be well regarded amongst the community.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114555412014 ... Sw5ydfyK2N

I'm embarking on a Jagblaster build based around some Creamery WRHB's that I have. I bought a 1972 Thinline Telecaster about 10 years ago and someone had harvested the original pickups from it so I bought some repros from the Creamery. They're my absolute favourite pickups. Anyway, I found some originals recently which I bought to return my Thinline back to stock and I'm not willing to give the Creamerys up so it's project time.

A friend of mine has been learning to build bodies over the last year or so (all his own designs) and his work is excellent (check him out here: https://www.instagram.com/waudbyguitars/?hl=en-gb). He's kindly offered to make the body for me - hence the need for a template.

The plan is to finish it Fiesta Red and mate it to a vintage Mustang neck, finished off with a Mastery bridge, AVRI trem and mint guard, with a standard Jaguar circuit. As this thing grows legs I'll post updates of the build.

Thanks in advance for any template advice!

Lo-Fi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar Template Needed (UK)

Post by Lo-Fi » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:04 pm

Cancel that request, I just bought a Guitarbuild body and my friend will kindly route the body for the WRHBs and then we can get down to painting. Seems to be about the same price as buying a block of wood and buying a template, and means we can press on with this and get it painted before winter temperatures wreak havoc with the paint.

This is gonna be fun!