BYOGuitars Necks: Yay or Nay?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
mick jagstang
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

BYOGuitars Necks: Yay or Nay?

Post by mick jagstang » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Trying to get a Jaguar neck with block inlays for my Jag-Stang project, and I have narrowed down my options to two: Musikraft which, while I know is really good and respected, comes in at $320. The second is BYOGuitars and their custom neck option for $190. I don't know how good the necks are, so if anyone has experience with them, is purchasing from them worth it?

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: BYOGuitars Necks: Yay or Nay?

Post by Lost In Autumn » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:41 am

I have a baritone neck from them on my Jagmaster. It's pretty nice. I'd recommend double checking the options that you want and perhaps calling them to make the purchase, rather than ordering online. I say that because I ordered a neck with their C profile, thinking it was going to be more like a recent fender shape, but it turned out to be thicker than I had expected. Turns out that I like it a lot, better than what I actually thought I wanted, so happy accident, but I'd call in the order if I had to do it all over again.

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: BYOGuitars Necks: Yay or Nay?

Post by JVG » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:09 am

A few years ago i got a BYO Jag neck with blocks and binding. It was ok, but not at the standard i wanted, so it got replaced with a beautiful Musikraft neck.
If you can afford it, i’d recommend Musikraft any day.