Good setups in NYC?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Good setups in NYC?

Post by HarlowTheFish » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:55 am

Hey y'all,
I'm gonna be down at my dad's in NYC for a little bit, and I'm probably gonna pack the parts I have for my Mustang project so I can finish working on it while I'm over there. I can *probably* do a pretty competent setup, I've certainly managed okay with my current guitars, but you know how it is -- first build, it's pretty special to me, and most importantly, it's a BGP neck with stainless frets and no nut installed, so pricey and I can't easily or quickly replace it, so I don't really wanna fuck around. I did the math on the parts and tools I'd need to give it the final touches (nut, frets, setup, etc), and I'm already $150 or so in, even if I'm buying pretty cheap, because I don't have any of it on-hand (though I do want to get them eventually so I can do my own setups).

Anybody know a good shop in NYC that does good work on offsets (and I'm asking specifically for this because this is a little bit odd even for an offset), where I can get a solid setup and assembly with nut and fret work for around $150 tops? Not much to do on the frets specifically, and I can do the assembly and electronics myself (the latter I was gonna do myself anyway, but if putting it together runs a bit too much then I can do assembly too. Recommendations, anyone?

Dunno if this is the wrong section, so mods feel free to move it if it's more appropriate somewhere else.

Severed Hand
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Good setups in NYC?

Post by Severed Hand » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:06 am

Most guitar shops in NYC have a two month turn around for guitar set ups. This was before covid. I can only imagine now.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:25 am

Travel another hour to Philadelphia, Chris at DiPinto Guitars is an offset master.

onichodaddy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by onichodaddy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:42 pm

You could try Guitartech on W14th. Have had them install pickups and do other work on my guitars and they’ve been good. http://www.guitartechny.com/Contact_Us.html