Super Sonic with Jag/Jazz Vibrato - Left-Handed

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Paul_Valentine
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Super Sonic with Jag/Jazz Vibrato - Left-Handed

Post by Paul_Valentine » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:23 am
kinda reminds me of a guitar i've seen one of the dudes from the appleseed cast play.
I have to check them out :)
My offsets are Parts lefty Jaguar, Super Sonic and DIY Mandocello

Paul_Valentine
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Paul_Valentine » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:08 am

CorporateDisguise wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:19 am
Love the color!
I love it, so much. I saw it on one Deimel guitar and thought to myself "this is so cool I have to have it on guitar". Purple is such cool colour but any other darker shade makes guitar seems to me like 80's superstrat and it make me cringe :D

Paul_Valentine
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Paul_Valentine » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:49 am

It took me month to report my progress here. It isn't 100% finished but it is in playable state. I did basic setup and the guitar starting to come to life. There maybe will be necessary few little tweaks to perfect setup but I'm pleased how it came out.

I had made the pickguard from cheaper material to test how it fits. I going to change the design little bit for next time when I will have mede it from originally intended material.

Hopefully, I will be able to poloperly finish it with all pickups and electronics in next couple of months.

Paul_Valentine
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Paul_Valentine » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:42 pm

Hi, I'm back. I finally have got pickups. Preparing myself for soldering that crazy combination of electronic I thought of for this project. I made schematics with my somehow limited knowledge of guitar electronic and by coping different schematics.
I would like to have the schematic checked and verified before staring. Because I think there definitely should by something I missed. So, give me please feedback whether it's all correct.

This is list of functions which electronics should perform:
- series/parallel switch - copied from schematic promising no dead position on pickup selector
- Fender TBX Tone Control - wired as dual gang tone control. First side the 1Meg linear one wired as Jag tone control. Second side wired as Rhythm circuit simulation. Center position is dented and should works as "no load". There is also separate diagram for this since it's bit wild. Both sides have resistor wired in parallel. The 56k one is taken from Jags tone control. 2nd resistor has function to drop pot from 250k to 50k and the its value is calculated by using resistence calculator.
- 1M volume pot with push/pull switch. It suppose to be on/off for Behind the Bridge pickup. It is placed after volume to be independent on other pickups. Something like 2nd circuit
- the 3rd circuit with piezo disc and its switch

Parts where I'm not 100% sure:
- Series/Parallel switching
- tone control wiring - Jags and rhythm circuit are wired different than majority of guitars + I'm not sure if my wiring of dual gang pot will work
- piezo disc circuit wired in parallel to main circuit soldered directly to jack