Don't care for you jazzmaster pickups? I may have your fix

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Tweedsuitcase
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Don't care for you jazzmaster pickups? I may have your fix

Post by Tweedsuitcase » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:49 pm

daz wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:33 am
People, it's not that the pickups are lousy, they just don't work in my guitar. A jazzmaster is a very different guitar than my tele which is a squier paranormal cabronita thats a hollow poplar body with a strat style hardtail bridge and maple neck. Nite and day different. The JM pickup have an obvious quality tone, but they are scooped and in this guiatr that gets highly exaggerated leaving mostly high end and a little bass with not mids to speak of. I now have strat pickups in it and they sound much better but it's still very bright because the guitar is annually bright due to the woods and hardware. I suspect i wouldn't like jazzmasters anyways because while the pickups would likely sound a lot better in them, chances are they are still more scooped than i like. But the pickups are fine, just not my thing and likeyl WAY more not my thing due to the guitar they were in.
Ah, this makes sense. I am starting to think I would prefer the earlier incarnation of JM pickups over the “scooped” 65 version, myself