Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Post Reply
User avatar
Beebe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:30 am
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by Beebe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Does anyone know if the Warmoth Mustang with Mustang Tremolo and Tune-o-matic bridge has the bridge straight (parallel to the frets like it appears to be on the Thurston Moore Jazzmaster) or angled (like on a Les Paul)?
Without music, life would be a mistake.

User avatar
AcrylicSuperman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 am

Re: Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by AcrylicSuperman » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:19 pm

The TOM option on the Warmoth Mustang forces them to cut an angled neck pocket because the TOM creates an angle.

User avatar
Beebe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:30 am
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Re: Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by Beebe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:06 pm

AcrylicSuperman wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:19 pm
The TOM option on the Warmoth Mustang forces them to cut an angled neck pocket because the TOM creates an angle.
I may not have been clear. I was talking about the top bridge post being further back than the bottom bridge post. If it would intonate correctly, I think having the TOM posts in line straight up and down would look a lot better on the Mustang than angled ones. And I'm not sure how they do it.
Without music, life would be a mistake.

User avatar
HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by HarlowTheFish » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Even Gibson angles their ToMs, because on most of them the intonation range is pretty small to guarantee it's gonna work well with most setups. If you're going with a Mustang trem though, they can't really have them at an angle because of the trem baseplate having holes that are in line, right?

User avatar
Beebe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:30 am
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Re: Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by Beebe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:46 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:22 pm
Even Gibson angles their ToMs, because on most of them the intonation range is pretty small to guarantee it's gonna work well with most setups. If you're going with a Mustang trem though, they can't really have them at an angle because of the trem baseplate having holes that are in line, right?
That's what I'm hoping. The Cobain Mustang has the TOM posts offset though, so they may expect you to use a trem plate other than the one they offer if you choose the TOM option. I sent them an email with the question, but they sometimes take awhile to get back.
Without music, life would be a mistake.

User avatar
Johnny Alien
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by Johnny Alien » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 am

https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/Showca ... Gxa5F1uc-Q

That is a previously sold body that says it a Mustang tremolo with TOM bridge. The routes seem to be parallel so you should be good.

User avatar
Beebe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:30 am
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Re: Warmoth Mustang With TOM Bridge Angle

Post by Beebe » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:29 am

Johnny Alien wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 am
https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/Showca ... Gxa5F1uc-Q

That is a previously sold body that says it a Mustang tremolo with TOM bridge. The routes seem to be parallel so you should be good.
Nice!!
Without music, life would be a mistake.

Post Reply