xaviere jt-100 project

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
ol_lukey
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

xaviere jt-100 project

Post by ol_lukey » Fri May 10, 2024 5:49 am

project may still go on but for now it's my favorite offset I've ever owned.
added a reverend roller bridge which required reaming the bridge thimble holes. After that I had to put a 1 degree shim in the neck but it all works great together. I swapped the trem with a leftover J Mascis JM trem. locking tuners and a reverend triple tree. the nut was a disaster when i got it, but string spacing was good.. I cleaned it up but may still replace the nut. besides that I just swapped the pickup covers and knobs and sprayed the pickguard. I'd like to make a anodized gold pickguard for it. the electronics and pickups sound great to me so those can stay.

originally I was going to swap the neck from my J Mascis JM also, but it was a lot of work to redrill holes and I actually like the neck on this. It could use some bigger frets but it's not that bad.

After I played a bunch of guitars and went back to a jazzmaster I felt like I was holding a surfboard.. they're just too big. This thing is the perfect size. I really like everything about it.

Last edited by ol_lukey on Fri May 10, 2024 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flurko
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: xaviere jt-100 project

Post by Flurko » Fri May 10, 2024 5:55 am

That looks cool ! Is Xaviere the guitar brand from the GFS pickups people ? I dig the purple knobs, I use to have some on my black pickguard/black pickup covers Jazzmaster but they were plastic like the Jaguar ones and nowhere as cool as these

ol_lukey
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: xaviere jt-100 project

Post by ol_lukey » Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 am

I believe I got the knobs from lovemyswitches.com they have a ton of cool stuff
and yeah Xaviere is GFS brand