EY Guitar Parts WRHB

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: EY Guitar Parts WRHB

Post by Lost In Autumn » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:42 am

I ordered a Jazzmaster rhythm circuit kit from them recently. It got misdelivered and they refused to replace it, so now I’m out $55. Buyer beware

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CROSS_guitars » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:41 pm

I order from EYguitars all the time.
They are great. Only had a couple of mix ups with orders but they've been quick to send me the right part.
It's one of the few affordable options for Australian's to order guitar parts because Shipping and GST from the US is insane.
Although shipping from China is creeping up now too.

It's cool they now have Johnny Marr and Kurt Cobain control plates.

I've also tried out the adjustable brass mustang saddles. I'm pretty happy with those.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:36 pm

parry wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:52 am
mackerelmint wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:30 am
I got a tele bridge and a pickup set from them a while back. Pretty good, I have to say. Their WRHBs are probably worth a punt.

All those jaguar plates and "odd option" trem plates they have now sure are cool. I see they have black anodized JM pickguards, too! :w00t:
I have one enroute! I'll let you know how it holds up against others I've had in the past (AVRI, theworkoffire).
Cool! I'm definitely thinking about getting one, so it'll be nice to have your opinion.

I remember how the only "easily available" source for them for years was that one guy who was notoriously unreliable and about whom nobody seemed to have nothing good to say. I don't even remember what his business was called. The world has needed this for a while now.
This is an excellent rectangle

nnieman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nnieman » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:24 am

hexes wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:30 pm
forgot about this company. considering grabbing the thunderbird ones for kicks
I have one in a build it sounds fantastic

I dont own any vintage birds to compare it to but it sound like a thick growly pbass to me.

It went into a pbass build - mahogany body with a maple neck.

I ordered another one - to go into a nr tbird build.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZK09h1ubJi/?hl=en

Nathan
Last edited by nnieman on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by LVC » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:15 pm

nnieman wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:24 am
hexes wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:30 pm
forgot about this company. considering grabbing the thunderbird ones for kicks
I have one in a build it sounds fantastic

I dont own any vintage birds to compare it to but it sound like a thick growly pbass to me.

It went into a pbass build - mahogany body with a maple neck.

I ordered another one - to go into a nr tbird build.

Nathan
Thanks for your review of these pickups! Good to know they sound good. I suspect most folks in this thread are considering trying them in a guitar though.
Create art, not content

loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loveinathens » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:22 am

mackerelmint wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:36 pm
parry wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:
I got a tele bridge and a pickup set from them a while back. Pretty good, I have to say. Their WRHBs are probably worth a punt.

All those jaguar plates and "odd option" trem plates they have now sure are cool. I see they have black anodized JM pickguards, too! :w00t:
I have one enroute! I'll let you know how it holds up against others I've had in the past (AVRI, theworkoffire).
Cool! I'm definitely thinking about getting one, so it'll be nice to have your opinion.

I remember how the only "easily available" source for them for years was that one guy who was notoriously unreliable and about whom nobody seemed to have nothing good to say. I don't even remember what his business was called. The world has needed this for a while now.
Oh, wasn't that Tone-Guard, re: the one ppl got burned on?

There are more recent options made-to-order from Herad in Australia. I forgot what their username on here was, but they also posted a while back.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:45 am

loveinathens wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:22 am
Oh, wasn't that Tone-Guard, re: the one ppl got burned on?

There are more recent options made-to-order from Herad in Australia. I forgot what their username on here was, but they also posted a while back.
Yeah, that was the guy! All I could remember was that his name was Wayne. The Aussie guy sells on Reverb, I think. Good on him for picking the slack up. I tend not to order things from Australia just because their postal service is pretty expensive IME, and to send anything to the states costs more than I'm happy paying.

I've had good experiences with EY in the past, so I'll probably just go ahead and order a guard along with some pickups and whatnots. :blush:
This is an excellent rectangle

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:06 am

Anyone ever order these from EY?
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay

ctu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ctu » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:57 am

I got my JM PAFs from Ey, with 12 screws (11.6k and 13.6k), sounds as expected, fits perfectly into CV JM. I also got a 3-way switch (as a backup), vibrato with locking button and a classic bridge. All arrived ok, no import fees, the only issue was the plate with string holes in the vibrato - the holes were very close, overall distance was 48mm, maybe even less, so I simply used the plate from Squier tremolo and all works ok now. Not Fender quality, but quite close.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:00 am

parry wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:

Seems like Parry hasn't been around in a while and I can't seem to find any post where he mentions what happened with this pickguard... I'm super curious how the black anodized guards from EYGuitar are.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:45 am

GilmourD wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:00 am
parry wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:

Seems like Parry hasn't been around in a while and I can't seem to find any post where he mentions what happened with this pickguard... I'm super curious how the black anodized guards from EYGuitar are.
Alright, so I'm taking a chance. On Friday I ordered a pair of the AlNiCo pole WRHB JM pickups AND the pickguard.

If I don't get too excited I'll try to do a before and after clip comparing the CV Jazzmaster pickups and the WRHBs.

Soniqfreq
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Soniqfreq » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:30 pm

Steadyriot. wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:06 am
Anyone ever order these from EY?
No, but I recently tried their wiring kit and the pots broke immediately. All the parts felt cheap and the only way to get a refund was send it back at an exorbitant rate so I took a loss.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:15 pm

GilmourD wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:45 am
Alright, so I'm taking a chance. On Friday I ordered a pair of the AlNiCo pole WRHB JM pickups AND the pickguard.

If I don't get too excited I'll try to do a before and after clip comparing the CV Jazzmaster pickups and the WRHBs.
OK, so I'm not that great at updating my stuff but, in all fairness, I've been a bit busy at work until now. :whistle:

So, the anodized pickguard is actually pretty nice! It's not a brushed finish but rather a matte/satin type texture. Sanded off the anodization on the underside in a few key spots and it also works perfectly to ground EVERYTHING.

The only reason the pickguard is not currently on the guitar is because it's easier to apply vinyl cut by a Cricut with thin lines/stripes if I can lay it flat and not have to work around everything else. ;D

The pickups are also pretty damn nice! The neck pickup is a bit warmer than the stock CV neck (which, admittedly, I actually really like and wish the bridge truly matched it). The bridge pickup gives me a less nasal, more chimey (not jangly like a Jaguar) tone than the stock 12Kish CV bridge pickup.

If you have a CV and like the neck pickup tone but not the bridge, order just a bridge AlNiCo pole WRHB and I think you'll be happy!