Meteora drawing or measures

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
SETTE
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Meteora drawing or measures

Post by SETTE » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:54 pm

Hello everybody, I’m new here looking for info on a Meteora body I want to build by myself (with Tele neck, abr bridge, bridge single coil and P90 on the neck!)
I’vr searched thr whole web but couldn’t find a sketch.
Does anyone has a pdf?
Or is there a Meteora owner here who could share some measures?

Thanks A LOT for any help

dbishopbliss
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Meteora drawing or measures

Post by dbishopbliss » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:25 pm

I don't have that setup but I made a Meteora with Jazzmaster pickups, bridge and tremolo. I had Mike Potvin make me a custom template (google him). He can make anything you like.

Meteora Template

kifla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kifla » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:11 pm

100 Buckaroos for template? :w00t:
and 50 for shipping.... :unsure:

SETTE
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SETTE » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 am

I found some templates for sale but the cost + shipping costs to italy + timing and possibility of duty problems make them not interesting

bodhi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bodhi » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:35 am

There's a thread here on how to create your own templates from pictures, if you can manage a bit of image editing: https://offsetguitars.com/forums/viewto ... 8&t=118067 and one of the examples they're working on is a Meteora :)

I've used that for some projects, but actually moved on to just manually tracing the outline based on the pictures with inkscape which works well enough.

But in either case, you should be able to use the results to either print yourself with a "posterize" program (creates overlapping parts of the original picture that you can then print on your home printer), or send of to a small print shop to print out larger than what most have access to at home. The latter is more accurate, but of course dependant on access to such where you happen to live. I happen to have one in a walking distance from home, and the price is reasonable. Then I glue the papers to thin mdf or plywood and with some work have created templates for routing and potentiometer placement. I'd suggest using a separate template for the neck pocket that you know is good, and then measuring bridge spacing from that after it's cut, rather than relying on the paper template, especially if you've used the posterizing program earlier (much bigger risk of misalignment).

Even easier than that, is to skip the paper printing part and use a laser cutter if you happen to have access to one, since it'll be the most accurate approach.
Jazzmaster project (got a body, placeholder neck, some pickups and ideas)
Tokai Telecaster Thinline with Creamery Pickups Filtertron and Tapped Tele
Blake Mills-inspired Strat project w/ Gold Foil and slide pickup

Ret Samzzaj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ret Samzzaj » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:16 am

On the website grabcad there are 2 Meteora models online. Don't know if they are exact copies or not, so just for your info:

Meteora