Custom made pick!

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Alanbama
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Custom made pick!

Post by Alanbama » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:33 am

I think that I may have created the perfect pick! For me anyway. I am on a search to find which pick serves my wants and needs the best. I have been using .060 and .072 for soloing in a Jazz XL size and I like them both. For me that’s kinda heavy because all of my career I’ve used Dunlop .46 picks. Hey! Don’t judge! :whistle: But the heavier picks are better for picking, as most of you already know of course. I am usually the only guitarist in our little group so I have to play rhythm and lead. I do not enjoy strumming with a heavier pick. The light ones are just easier for me. So I took a .50 Stringjoy pick and sanded it down to the shape and size that I wanted! By making it smaller, it also makes it feel heavier but just right for me, I think. Anyway I wanted to share this with you and get your opinion and hear about things that you have done for better pick use. I’m going to try and post a pic of what I’ve done. Thanks guys!

Pick pic!
I dearly love my Kurt Cobain (Now An Alan Cargile) Jaguar! 😎And now I have a Team of Mustang’s! And wouldn’t you know it… I love them too!

Alanbama
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Custom made pick!

Post by Alanbama » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:03 pm

These picks that I got from Stringjoy are perfect in thickness! They feel like a .55 or something. They’re not quite as thick as a .60 but they are a bit stiffer than a .50. I took my sandpaper to them and now they’re just right!

!Image
I dearly love my Kurt Cobain (Now An Alan Cargile) Jaguar! 😎And now I have a Team of Mustang’s! And wouldn’t you know it… I love them too!

Alanbama
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Custom made pick!

Post by Alanbama » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:04 pm

These picks that I got from Stringjoy are perfect in thickness! They feel like a .55 or something. They’re not quite as thick as a .60 but they are a bit stiffer than a .50. I took my sandpaper to them and now they’re just right!

Perfect Pick