New Pickup For My Cobain Jaguar!

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Alanbama
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New Pickup For My Cobain Jaguar!

Post by Alanbama » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:49 am

I love my Cobain Jaguar! It’s easily my number one now. But I haven’t been extremely satisfied with the bridge D’Marrzio Super Distortion pup! So I have ordered a Duncan JB Trembucker to replace it. The JB is one of my all time favorites for the bridge! With the Super Distortion I just don’t seem to be able to get the sound that I love and am used to. It seems very brittle, not necessarily to trebly just harsh and I can’t seem to EQ it out. What’s odd is the day after I ordered the JB, I finally read the book that came with my Jaguar and over half of it is an interview with Kurt Cobain’s guitar tech! It’s really a very interesting book. Anyway, the tech said that a little before Cobain’s death, that Cobain asked him to install a Duncan JB in the bridge of his Jaguar! He used it that way until the end. I thought that was interesting and quite a coincidence on my part! :) So when I get it tomorrow I’ll install it and play it for a bit and let you all know the outcome! Take care, guy’s!😎
I dearly love my Kurt Cobain (Now An Alan Cargile) Jaguar! 😎And now I have a Team of Mustang’s! And wouldn’t you know it… I love them too!

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Pickup For My Cobain Jaguar!

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:14 pm

Cool man. Yeah, make it sound how you want. I thought about grabbing one and putting gold foil hbs in it. But I’m interested in the Superdistortions as well

Alanbama
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Pickup For My Cobain Jaguar!

Post by Alanbama » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:37 am

Well, after a 3 day delay I finally got my new Duncan JB today! Fedex took it from the Mississippi warehouse, 7hrs, to Dallas TX for some unknown reason when the warehouse is close to Memphis, about 2.5hrs from where I live in Bessemer, AL! I was supposed to get it on the 1st! I finished installing it and I set it up and it sounds fantastic! The harmonics just jump out of my system now! It’s so rich and warm! It exactly what I expected from a JB. I’ve always put them in Mahogany guitar’s but it sounds wonderful in the Alder body Jaguar! Just color me happy!😎
I dearly love my Kurt Cobain (Now An Alan Cargile) Jaguar! 😎And now I have a Team of Mustang’s! And wouldn’t you know it… I love them too!