Tele Bridge Pickup in Jazzmaster Cover

For help with setups and other technical issues.
RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Re: Tele Bridge Pickup in Jazzmaster Cover

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 pm

I have a Curtis Novak JM Tele pickup in my CIJ and it's lovely. He's been making them for a long time. I bought mine 10 years ago or so, and it's exactly what I'd hoped for.
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

hwestman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hwestman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:27 am

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 pm
I have a Curtis Novak JM Tele pickup in my CIJ and it's lovely. He's been making them for a long time. I bought mine 10 years ago or so, and it's exactly what I'd hoped for.
I too have a Novak JMT. Very cool pickup.

I have noted that he currently makes it angled in the cover with holes for the magnets cut accordingly. Mine is straight though. And I prefer this for a softer treble and looks.

Guppy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Guppy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am

BarnyardCoral wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:21 pm
All right, so this is an 8 year thread resurrection, but it's the only thread I've been able to find anywhere on the topic of putting an actual Tele bridge pup in a JM that isn't a Novak JM-T.

Technically, you wouldn't need to put a cover on a Tele pup installed in a JM unless you were concerned about how it looks, right? I'm quite tempted to do just this, JM pup covers be darned, unless someone has a good reason not to do so. Thinking of installing an SD Broadcaster. Thoughts?
So, reviving this again.
Did you install the telecaster bridge pickup in your Jazzmaster? How did it work out?
I'm thinking about doing this myself. Don't need the cover. I'm thinking about just screwing the pickup down into the cavity. Don't need no cover. I would prefer to angle the pickup a bit like on a Tele because I have a narrower string spacing but I don't know if there is enough room.
"wants the guitar with the most sustain, plays 20 notes per second"

BarnyardCoral
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BarnyardCoral » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:04 am

Guppy wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am
BarnyardCoral wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:21 pm
All right, so this is an 8 year thread resurrection, but it's the only thread I've been able to find anywhere on the topic of putting an actual Tele bridge pup in a JM that isn't a Novak JM-T.

Technically, you wouldn't need to put a cover on a Tele pup installed in a JM unless you were concerned about how it looks, right? I'm quite tempted to do just this, JM pup covers be darned, unless someone has a good reason not to do so. Thinking of installing an SD Broadcaster. Thoughts?
So, reviving this again.
Did you install the telecaster bridge pickup in your Jazzmaster? How did it work out?
I'm thinking about doing this myself. Don't need the cover. I'm thinking about just screwing the pickup down into the cavity. Don't need no cover. I would prefer to angle the pickup a bit like on a Tele because I have a narrower string spacing but I don't know if there is enough room.
No, I went a different direction with a JM/P90 hybrid from Revel Custom Pickups. I may still end up doing the Tele pickup some day though, but I'm loving the pickup combination I have right now. The nice thing is you can find JM pickup covers that are designed for Teles too.
And I will be the one to hold Larry Csonka down, kiss him so hard, I'll take Larry Csonka's breath away...
*Scheckenbacker on TGP

JamesSGBrown
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JamesSGBrown » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:07 am

I had the aforementioned jess loureiro telemaster pickup in a JM. Sounded great... but not like a Tele. If anything, if sounded more like a Strat!

JamesSGBrown
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JamesSGBrown » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:08 am

JamesSGBrown wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:07 am
I had the aforementioned jess loureiro telemaster pickup in a JM. Sounded great... but not like a Tele. If anything, it sounded more like a Strat!