1 meg pots in rhythm circuit! Need help!

For help with setups and other technical issues.
zosinho
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

1 meg pots in rhythm circuit! Need help!

Post by zosinho » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:46 pm

Hi there! It's my first time here and I do need some help.
English is not my first language, so sorry for any mistake!
The thing is I got a Mascis squier jazzmaster. Love it, but wasn't so sure about the pickups. I wanted to do kind of the same mod as Jay Leonard J so I installed jazzmaster pickups, and changed the lead circuit to 500 pots. I love the result. But... I also wanted to have 1meg pots on the rhythm circuit, to get that standard neck pickup sound. Well I just swapped the pots and got two volumes in the RC. Somebody told me to change the cap. Did so, and then it didn't work either. Got it back to standard 1M & 50 pots, but I dont need the muddiness. The luthier I take all my guitars to says he just doesn't know why it isn't working. He revised the circuit one thousand times and nothing worked.
If anyone could help me, I would be delighted.
Thanks a lot in advance...

Zosinho

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 1 meg pots in rhythm circuit! Need help!

Post by timtam » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:30 pm

Here's a JM schematic for the modified rhythm circuit - it's now the same as the lead circuit.

For comparison, here's the standard circuit's schematic (in the standard wiring, both the rhythm circuit's components and the way they are wired is different to the lead circuit) ...
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

zosinho
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by zosinho » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:39 am

Ok, thanks a lot!! I'll take a look at it... I'm not very good reading those schemes, but hope my luthier is!! Once again, thanks for the quick response!!

zosinho
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by zosinho » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:33 am

So, finally I was able to “decipher” the scheme you provided and now it works like a charm. Thanks a lot!!