Ibanez nut files - Does anyone here have them?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Ibanez nut files - Does anyone here have them?

Post by adamrobertt » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:36 am

alexpigment wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:52 pm
I use the Music Nomad files once every month or two, and they get the job done without any major downsides. How well do they work against higher priced files? Fortunately, I have no idea! :)

I bought them after watching a seemingly unbiased review from Driftwood Guitars (it was a comparison between those and Stewmac files). They pointed out many times why the Stewmac ones were better for them. I just went and rewatched the end of the video, and their take was "if you're a hobbyist and you're not making much money doing this, then buy these Music Nomad ones and you're not going to be disappointed". And since that's exactly my situation, they fit the bill.
I’m an assembly tech in a custom shop and we have both - they each have their uses but I much prefer the Music Nomad ones for slotting nuts.

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:52 pm

Not the nut files, but I just received today the Z file. Got home from work to the package waiting for me without me knowing. So I did what i had to do, smoke some ganja then hit the frets with some Z-file action. Then took a pause to post this, and cause, shit my arm is sore too! :fp:

Im working my way up. Looks pretty decent so far...

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:45 pm

adamrobertt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:26 pm
OffYourFace wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:29 pm
Fiddy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:54 am
You should buy a B from nomad and see how you like it, if good I'll buy the set and you buy the extra high E :D
nah fuck those yellow handles. it looks like construction site tools for preschoolers haha
I use them every day in my shop and I love them. Much prefer them over the StewMac files. Diamond grit, round bottom, come in more gauges, etc.

You can pop the handle off to get into tight spaces too. I DO kind of wish they made a longer alternative handle, but they do not at the moment.

that's good to know, thanks!!