Guitars and climate (Moving to Minneapolis)

For help with setups and other technical issues.
bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Guitars and climate (Moving to Minneapolis)

Post by bish » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:40 pm

So I'm in the middle of getting ready to move from Baltimore Maryland to Minneapolis, and I have been waiting to get my both my Baritone HH and SG Classic set up after I make the move. But since I've heard that it takes guitars time to acclimatize after a move to a new area how long should I wait a bit before I take them in to be set up after I move?

Also anyone happen to be in the Minneapolis area that can recommend a good guitar guy?

Thanks,

-bish
"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

Loomer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Guitars and climate (Moving to Minneapolis)

Post by Loomer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:09 am

Yes!  :D

Depends on what you want. Do you want the best guy at the "best" vintage guitar shop in town(s), or do you want a solid guy at a cheap price?

Also, what is bringing you to the TC?

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 am

Well at this point both my guitars are fairly new so I should probably go with the solid yet cheap guy, also I'm just playing for fun and not profit at the moment hehe.

Assuming everything goes to plan (and it's all happening last minute of course) I'll be teaching web design up there at a college/trade school kind of thing. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm originally from Michigan so I can't wait to get back to a cooler climate. And I've heard that the Twin Cities is a great place to live.

Thanks for the Info :D

-Bish
"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

Gw10101
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gw10101 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:59 am

I grew up in Minneapolis. I love that town. It has a lot to offer just about any one.
although on topic, i really don't know much about acclimating and setting up guitars, but i dont think it will take long for a guitar to get used to the environment.

greg

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:13 am

A solidbody will only take an hour or so, an acoustic longer.

I lived in the Twin Cities for over a decade and loved it!  It's a great place to live.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:16 am

Maggieo wrote:I lived in the Twin Cities for over a decade and loved it!  It's a great place to live.
I keep hearing that from people that have lived there or live there now. I need a change of pace and no offense to anyone living in Baltimore but I'm so ready to not be here anymore hehe. Of all the places I've lived, Baltimore is probably my least favorite.

-bish

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 pm

So were there any recommendations for not too expensive but reliable guitar guys in Minneapolis.

-Nathan