3 pickup Jaguar Wiring Scheme-Does it make sense?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
snakesnake
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

3 pickup Jaguar Wiring Scheme-Does it make sense?

Post by snakesnake » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:25 pm

Hey offsetguitars,

Long time lurker first time poster (you know the deal).

I am in the process of finishing up this partcaster project and I was wondering if this wiring diagram makes sense. This is my first time messing with guitar electronics and I am not totally sure what I am doing is correct.

The goal of this circuit is to have each of the 3 pickups (1 Jazzmaster Neck, 1 Jazzmaster Middle, 1 Humbucker Bridge) each wired to their own DPDT switch in parallel which is then wired to the DPDT switch in the rhythm circuit area (acting as a kill switch) ultimately leading to the main volume and tone. However I want to have my bridge humbucker wired to its own set of tone and volume knobs located in the rhythm circuit area. I have attached my drawn diagram to this post. Sorry for all of the colors!!

Other values:
Main volume - 250K B
Main tone- 250K A
Capacitor on main tone- 0.047uF

Humbucker volume - 500K B
Humbucker tone - 500K A
Capacitor on HB tone - 0.022uF

Does this look like it will work? Is there anything I should add? Is there a better way to do this?

Thank you so much in advance! I have been enjoying my time crawling through these forums and absorbing as much information as possible.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 3 pickup Jaguar Wiring Scheme-Does it make sense?

Post by jorri » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 am

The humbucker is going through both sets of controls. If not the intention i would send the two JM pickups to the lead controls from the switch, then back to the kill switch after its joined up with the humbucker.

If it was the intention, then bear in mind you will have additional loading from both sets of controls. In parallel i think would act like ~180k pots which is very low. Better with 1meg, since when running thru both this should effectively act like ~220k or so at least but ideally avoiding 250k pots on the master when combining them-perhaps 500k?. See a parallel resistance calculator.

snakesnake
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by snakesnake » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:51 am

Oh wow good call. I should read up more on the resistance addition!!!! Thank you so much for your input I think I’m going to go with your proposed scheme

madlovepickups
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by madlovepickups » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:23 am

Are those jumpers on the middle pins of your pickup selectors? Looks like they will ground all your signals if any of the switches are in the down position.