MIJ JG66 Jaguar Bridge vs AVRI Bridge?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Pauls1e
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

MIJ JG66 Jaguar Bridge vs AVRI Bridge?

Post by Pauls1e » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:26 pm

I recently acquired a 1994 MIJ JG66 and it's stellar, but it did not come with the original bridge. I'm actually a fan of the old JM/JAG style bridge. I popped in my AVRI Bridge and the thing is much more loose and wobbly in my MIJ than it is in my AVRI.

Little but if research and learned the old MIJ thimbles are actually a bit larger in diameter. Does anyone know if the original bridge would have been the same bridge leg diameter as the newer AVRI or would they have been slightly larger like the thimble? I can't seem to find any info on this let alone find one for sale!

Pic
jg66

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: MIJ JG66 Jaguar Bridge vs AVRI Bridge?

Post by panoramic » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:10 am

My guess is yes they are larger, the same issue is present with the trem Collets on them, different size, the guards are different too.
I have a 97 CIJ jag myself and use a mustang bridge on mine.
I used to be cool, now I just complain about prices.

Pauls1e
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Pauls1e » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:25 am

panoramic wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:10 am
My guess is yes they are larger, the same issue is present with the trem Collets on them, different size, the guards are different too.
Well, do you have the original bridge and if so, interested in selling!?

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:11 am

Pauls1e wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:25 am
panoramic wrote:
You'll fall foul of the rules, and thus the mods, if you keep asking people to sell you stuff in multiple threads.

RULES
6. No selling or trading outside the Guitar Shop section. To avoid spamming, the Guitar Shop is not accessible to users with less than 50 posts. Post padding for the sole purpose of reaching 50 posts will not be tolerated and offending posts will be removed. The Guitar Shop is listed as a courtesy only. OffsetGuitars.com does not accept any responsibility for fraud or identity theft by members. It is suggested that you use an escrow service or a service like Paypal so that you have options in the event of a problem in your dealings with other members. All transactions are at your own risk.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Pauls1e
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Pauls1e » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:17 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:11 am
Pauls1e wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:25 am
panoramic wrote:
You'll fall foul of the rules, and thus the mods, if you keep asking people to sell you stuff in multiple threads.

RULES
6. No selling or trading outside the Guitar Shop section. To avoid spamming, the Guitar Shop is not accessible to users with less than 50 posts. Post padding for the sole purpose of reaching 50 posts will not be tolerated and offending posts will be removed. The Guitar Shop is listed as a courtesy only. OffsetGuitars.com does not accept any responsibility for fraud or identity theft by members. It is suggested that you use an escrow service or a service like Paypal so that you have options in the event of a problem in your dealings with other members. All transactions are at your own risk.
My bad! I'm new! I'll won't be inquiring further.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:22 am

No worries man, just fair warning :)
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?