AVRI Height Screw Weirdness

For help with setups and other technical issues.
tomin8r
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

AVRI Height Screw Weirdness

Post by tomin8r » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:55 am

Hey folks,

I've recently noticed an issue when pulling up on my AVRI tremolo arm. The height adjustment screw lifts up and pops back into place. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered something like this, and what the potential fix might be. I am assuming that the spring is probably slipping on the retainer, and this only occurs when the arm is pulled up significantly. First time with an AVRI unit, wondering if this is working as intended.

I attached a gif at the bottom.

Any help would be appreciated as always.

Thanks

Tom

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: AVRI Height Screw Weirdness

Post by JSett » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:52 pm

That gif is so helpful...I wish more people did that to show things!

My guess is the spring is catching on the retainer as you mention, or something just a little out of whack underneath.

Can you loosen the strings and lift up the unit as a whole and show us how it's put together? That would likely show the issue
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: AVRI Height Screw Weirdness

Post by tammyw » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:05 am

When you're pulling up that much, the spring is going to be completely uncompressed and loose. The spring is probably sticking in the seat on the bottom of the plate for a second, making the screw head lift up a bit before falling free. It's not necessarily a problem, unless it's causing you some trouble.
All pain and troubles melted away like lemon drops beyond the contrails across the sky.