Any good advice/suggestions/videos/tutorials on how to assemble a Jaguar?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Norrin Radd
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Any good advice/suggestions/videos/tutorials on how to assemble a Jaguar?

Post by Norrin Radd » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:53 am

So I’ve collected almost all of the parts to put together my jag. I’ve put together about 20 partscasters or so, but never a jaguar! So what I’m looking for is any advice or tips or suggestions for videos - anything that says, “hey – this is the order in which you should do things”.

Also I would like to hear any tips or tricks that anyone has for assembling a jag. I know that there’s people on here with tons of experience and I’d like any possible info you could share with me that you think might help.

Thank you! :)

JackFawkes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any good advice/suggestions/videos/tutorials on how to assemble a Jaguar?

Post by JackFawkes » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:38 am

I would also appreciate this, since I'm in the same boat (though I've only put together 2-3 partscasters) and will be doing the same thing later this year!

Jack
Last edited by JackFawkes on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any good advice/suggestions/videos/tutorials on how to assemble a Jaguar?

Post by JSett » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:53 am

Most of it is no different to any other guitar - right parts in the right places etc. HOWEVER, the wiring is complicated so I would wholly recommend using colour-coded wires like they traditionally did and feed them all through the relevant holes/routing before soldering anything and linking different parts. Cut an extra inch more each end than you think you'll need...you can always trim later. I tend to do all the long interconnecting runs between cavities first, then add in the bits that are easier/shorter. Pickups are usually last.

Don't forget the bridge ground.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?