Pro II spring and Troy V Leeuwen

For help with setups and other technical issues.
GuitarMoro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Pro II spring and Troy V Leeuwen

Post by GuitarMoro » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:15 am

Hi there I am new to this forum so thanks for having me. I am unfortunately not a offset owner yet but I am hoping to join the offsetworld soon. A few questions: Does anyone know if Fender is on it's way with a solution for the tremolo spring for the Pro II JazzM? And another one - how is the Troy V Leeuwen compared to the american ones? If this is posted the wrong place I apologize.
Anyway I am looking forward to hear from you.
Kind regards
Morten

camilonava27
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pro II spring and Troy V Leeuwen

Post by camilonava27 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:23 am

There’s a great video with Puisheen and 60 Cycle Hum talking about spring replacements.

https://youtu.be/wNTXt1YFmpA

mrventures
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by mrventures » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:52 pm

Also check out this thread for info about different springs people are trying, stemming from the previously mentioned video.

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:46 am

GuitarMoro wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:15 am
And another one - how is the Troy V Leeuwen compared to the american ones?
The first thing to consider is the finish. The American Originals have a nitro finish while the AM Pro / Am Ultra and other modern US JMs and the TVLs have a poly finish. Nitro is more vintage accurate but is more fragile. I personally prefer poly finishes because they stay looking great for a long, long time, but I am an outlier here. The TVLs are also a great option if you like vintage spec'd necks. They have 21-frets, a 7.25" fretboard radius and vintage sized frets. Some people love this and some people prefer the modern 22-fret, 9.5" radius and taller fret necks. The other thing to consider is that the wiring is not inline with vintage specs but the body is routed for a full rhythm circuit so you can give it fully vintage wiring. That is what I did with mine:

vpich
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by vpich » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:20 pm

GuitarMoro wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:15 am
Hi there I am new to this forum so thanks for having me. I am unfortunately not a offset owner yet but I am hoping to join the offsetworld soon. A few questions: Does anyone know if Fender is on it's way with a solution for the tremolo spring for the Pro II JazzM? And another one - how is the Troy V Leeuwen compared to the american ones? If this is posted the wrong place I apologize.
Anyway I am looking forward to hear from you.
Kind regards
Morten
My tvl’s trem bridge is fantastic. Super good tuning, bounces back, no squeaking or clicking. Etc.