where to ground pickups?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
movinginslomo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

where to ground pickups?

Post by movinginslomo » Thu May 05, 2022 3:14 pm

to save time I am using a 920D custom wiring harness to wire my jazzmaster project. In the diagram they provide it says to wire the pickup ground wires to "plate". Does this refer to traditional vintage grounding plates? I have always wired my grounds to the back of pots as my experience is in the strat/tele/LP style. How do you folks ground your pickup leads?

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: where to ground pickups?

Post by timtam » Thu May 05, 2022 6:50 pm

Any ground point that is electrically continuous with the output jack ground tab will do (can be checked with a multimeter). So the back of any grounded pot body is fine.
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

movinginslomo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: where to ground pickups?

Post by movinginslomo » Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am

timtam wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:50 pm
Any ground point that is electrically continuous with the output jack ground tab will do (can be checked with a multimeter). So the back of any grounded pot body is fine.
Thank you mate. this world of offsets is just unique and different enough. No wonder it took those decades for the offsets to get that fender love and attention. Strange beasts indeed